• Maybe

Votes: 18 14.6%

• Total voters

momof6kids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would thing that Fl or Ca or Hi would have to be among the best. NJ is certainly a great place and the NJRC is among the best. Just a little biased here though. :tongue:

MACNA 21 is coming to Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009!! :bigsmile:

VanGogh121

Melba Toast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THe only problem I have with Michigan is the economy problems have hit this state worse than any other. I think this has had a direct effect on the amount and quality of product brought into the area.My Local fish stores specifically, there are 3 that have closed in the last 2 years (two in the last 3 months). We do have 4 Amazing stores in the state. Unfortunitaly each is at least a hour from my house, (Trop, Choice, Pruesses, and Fish Guy)

Once we get this economy back on track, I don't think anyone can hold a candle to the reefing in this state.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Michigan best place to be a reefer? :bigsmile:
YES!

....But no, not really. I'd much rather live on the coast swimming distance from the GBR, but that's the diver in me talking. I considered a move to FL this time last year to further pursue a career in diving, but I have a good job here along with family and friends, and cannot stand all the Q-Tips FL has to offer. Seriously we have a great reefing community. We have a large swap coming up early next year that the whole state looks forward to, and we come through blizzards and ice-sheets to get there! It's like another holiday in the season.

I always have to chuckle when I'm doing something on my reef, then go to run errands an step outside my place into The Arctic Tundra, then back in front of the reef.

Last edited:

cbau45

I like to reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THe only problem I have with Michigan is the economy problems have hit this state worse than any other. I think this has had a direct effect on the amount and quality of product brought into the area.My Local fish stores specifically, there are 3 that have closed in the last 2 years (two in the last 3 months). We do have 4 Amazing stores in the state. Unfortunitaly each is at least a hour from my house, (Trop, Choice, Pruesses, and Fish Guy)

Once we get this economy back on track, I don't think anyone can hold a candle to the reefing in this state.

I'm going to have to agree with Rich on this one. The economy here sucks. But there are tons of great people and awesome LFS in Mich. I think part of the reason the reefing is so big up here is that for 5-6 months out of the year we're stuck inside fine tuning and playing with our setups.:wink:

And like Poseidon said, people here are willing and excited to help you at the drop of a hat. I think that's pretty cool. Just thought i'd throw in my two cents from Michigan.

alvieman

Not FW Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the economy has hit hard here in Mich but the people rock. Always helpful and friendly. I think we just appreciate reefing here more than elsewhere as we dont get anything CLOSE to the weather to naturally support one :bigsmile:

However, living here and wanting to get the goodies, CA or FL would be better lol

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back