OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, sir! I did the same, all gone, zero issues.
Glad it worked out for you. I’m doing this every couple months now to stay ahead of it. I have zero algae on my rocks now so all of my snails stay in the glass so they don’t starve

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I did 2 doses back to back. First dose, waited the 3 weeks and did the +30% water change, and then did a second dose
The wife decided that there’s no way a single microdose would work (even though all signs of bryopsis had been wiped out) so insisted I added a second dose. Well, why not when it’s this cheap? This treatment has been quite a revelation, thank you, from her.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife decided that there’s no way a single microdose would work (even though all signs of bryopsis had been wiped out) so insisted I added a second dose. Well, why not when it’s this cheap? This treatment has been quite a revelation, thank you, from her.
Awesome
I’m so happy to hear it worked for you

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this product good for this treatment?

IMG_7482.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the Reef Flux and cancelled the other order.

I plan to dose 1 pill per 260 gallons.

I use skimmer, ozone, UV, and activated carbon. Which do I close, and what’s the absolute minimum time I need them closed for? I don’t like leaving my equipment off, especially activated carbon.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the Reef Flux and cancelled the other order.

I plan to dose 1 pill per 260 gallons.

I use skimmer, ozone, UV, and activated carbon. Which do I close, and what’s the absolute minimum time I need them closed for? I don’t like leaving my equipment off, especially activated carbon.
Just follow the instructions. I think it’s no uv, activated carbon, gfo etc and remove your skimmer cup for 3 days. Then you’ll wait 3 weeks and do an at least 30% water change

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just follow the instructions. I think it’s no uv, activated carbon, gfo etc and remove your skimmer cup for 3 days. Then you’ll wait 3 weeks and do an at least 30% water change
Sounds easy enough. I thought no skimmer etc for 3 weeks.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t be the first person to notice this…but the label on reeflux only refers to treatments of fish fungal infections. There are no algae indications. That must be why their recommended dosage is so high.
IMG_3154.jpeg
IMG_3155.jpeg

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I can’t be the first person to notice this…but the label on reeflux only refers to treatments of fish fungal infections. There are no algae indications. That must be why their recommended dosage is so high.
IMG_3154.jpeg
IMG_3155.jpeg
Off label use, they can't advertise it as an algaecide is my understanding.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off label use, they can't advertise it as an algaecide is my understanding.
I think Charlie is trying to say is that higher doses isn’t needed for bryopsis. The original dose was apparently extrapolated from a fish treatment, which is pretty foolish since treating fish usually require much higher dosages than treating algae in a reef tank.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Charlie is trying to say is that higher doses isn’t needed for bryopsis. The original dose was apparently extrapolated from a fish treatment, which is pretty foolish since treating fish usually require much higher dosages than treating algae in a reef tank.
That is exactly what @Charlie’s Frags was trying to say. Surely I’m not the first person to notice this.

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stopping back by to say thank you for this post, it gave me the courage to give it a try on my 25 Gallon Waterbox Peninsula which is closer to 18-20 Gallons.

I was going to try a micro dose, but as I read more in the thread it seemed that the dosage was increased to a normal dose and there were no negative effects.

I decided my algae problem was pretty bad, so I said heck with the micro dose and I added MORE than DOUBLE ( 4 capsules ) the recommended dose for my system to see what would happen.

I'm happy to report that all the algae is almost gone and everything has survived in my tank which is starting to become pretty sps dominant, including all my fish, shrimp and snails. My Clam seems extra happy lately, and the polyps on my sps are longer than I've ever seen.

This Saturday will be the 3 week mark and I plan to do my 30% water change, AND hitting the tank with a second round of DOUBLE the recommended dose. I also plan to dose it a few times a Year like the OP does just to maintain, I never want Bryopsis again!... Thanks Charlie!!!

Edit: I have removed all my carbon and turned off my UV and have kept it that way for the entirety of the treatment, I dont run a skimmer yet.. I didn't like the idea of keeping my UV off for so long, but I liked the idea of all the algae way less.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back