Most effective algea killer

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 100 gallon tank you can add a rabbitfish/one spot foxface for bubble algae. I might try a few emerald crabs first, though. For other kinds of algae, stable parameters, a shorter lighting period, time, and lowered levels of nutrients will usually be enough to get rid of it.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You already have two threads started about your algae concerns. The first one you were asked for pictures so people could assess your issues and offer assistance. Instead of following up you did not respond and started another thread about using vibrant. Now you start this thread about your algae issue. How about you posts an image of your tank under white lights so folks can see what it us you are dealing with :thinking-face:

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You already have two threads started about your algae concerns. The first one you were asked for pictures so people could assess your issues and offer assistance. Instead of following up you did not respond and started another thread about using vibrant. Now you start this thread about your algae issue. How about you posts an image of your tank under white lights so folks can see what it us you are dealing with :thinking-face:

Going to agree here with pictures can help a lot with figuring out what would be best to do for your tank!

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about for bubble algea?
MY tank is not big enough to house a foxface or tang, so I used microbacter clean and it killed all of the bubble algae. I believe it is a week long dosing treatment. By about the 5th day all of the bubble algae turned white and slowly melted away. There was a lot of it too. My only issue was that because all of that bubble algae died so quick, it caused a nutrient spike.

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an acan on a frag plug with bubble algea. I put the frag in a container with 2 cups water and .002ml of Vibrant and let sit over nite. In the morning I was able to use a tiny flathead screwdriver and popped them off intact really easy. Now it's on a frag rack so I can watch and make sure it doesn't pop back up.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 110 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back