Vibrant chemical

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Long story short, Vibrant is an algaecide that can be purchased for much cheaper under the name AlgaeFix. The company that sells it also knowingly or unknowingly lied to everyone calling it a bacteria product for years until it was discovered by R2R forum users that it was indeed an algaecide, not a bacterial product.

Will it mess with your corals? Maybe, maybe not. It can mess with nutrient levels which can affect some coral species more than others. It's classified as a molluscicide and it can mess with or kill your snails.

OP
OP
W

what_isTHIS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Long story short, Vibrant is an algaecide that can be purchased for much cheaper under the name AlgaeFix. The company that sells it also knowingly or unknowingly lied to everyone calling it a bacteria product for years until it was discovered by R2R forum users that it was indeed an algaecide, not a bacterial product.

Will it mess with your corals? Maybe, maybe not. It can mess with nutrient levels which can affect some coral species more than others. It's classified as a molluscicide and it can mess with or kill your snails.
Thank you so much!

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Return it. Tanks get addicted to the stuff after it kills off both the good and bad algae. The second you stop you have NO micro flora left and dinos love to take over.

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved it when I used it, helped me get through the ugly phase, even though R2R member analysis indicates it is AlgaeFix I am still hesitant to try AlgaeFix lol

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a bit more definitive what it is vs some random member's analysis.

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is not supposed to harm marine mollusks but will harm freshwater ones. At least that's Algae Fixes instructions. I'm currently a week and a half in using algae fix for bubble algae and my snails seem fine.

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are worried about dinos add either PNS or microbe lift special blend. I'm pretty sure they are the same type of bacteria and both are photosynthetic and will fill the niche where dinos like to be. I've used both and they work pretty well. Special blend is cheaper and can be bought at Petco. I turn off my skimmer for a day or two dump half a bottle and dose the rest over a week or so. It takes my tank about a bottle and a half to clear up the dinos doing it that way.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back