Warning: Use Vibrant at your own risk

Clownreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my two cents..

I’ve used it. Killed a bunch of stuff.

There is probably an organic/holistic solution to most problems in reefing that’s not fish disease.

I carbon dose, run ozone, follow moonshiners reefing, run bio pellets, run an algae scrubber, rarely run activated carbon, change filter socks. I know to a science what goes into my aquarium. I’ll NEVER, EVER add another snake oil.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just my two cents..

I’ve used it. Killed a bunch of stuff.

There is probably an organic/holistic solution to most problems in reefing that’s not fish disease.

I carbon dose, run ozone, follow moonshiners reefing, run bio pellets, run an algae scrubber, rarely run activated carbon, change filter socks. I know to a science what goes into my aquarium. I’ll NEVER, EVER add another snake oil.
Agreed,

Clownreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No vibrant was added
88699E90-BC7A-40AB-9D51-F4B580158C02.jpeg

OP
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who may not frequent the chemistry forum and missed the thread there, this case has apparently been at least partly resolved, with Underwater Creations now registering as a pesticide producer and getting approval from the EPA to sell Vibrant containing 3.5% Poly(oxyethylene)(dimethyliminio)ethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene dichloride,

That material is the pesticide in Algaefix and which was demonstrated to be present as the only component (aside from water) in Vibrant by several folks in the chemistry forum thread. Vibrant is not the bacterial product UWC claimed it to be.

FWIW, the UWC account has been banned from Reef2Reef for terms of service violations relating to Vibrant discussions.

This is the EPA document:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
R2R branding on its website helps legitimize the product in the eyes of a potential buyer.

Thanks for pointing this out. I can assure you that we are not. I will reach out to them.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Although I can see that conversation turning into oh hey about that, we’re ramping up production and would like to become a triple platinum sponsor, ha…. To be a fly on the wall

I literally can't roll my eyes hard enough at this post. (and I did) I'm going to HOPE that it was in jest! :p

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In jest it was! Things get lost in translation…speech vs text…definitely just having a little fun

That's why I added the smile. :p But I did roll my eyes!

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I propse a name change? A_Sarcastic_Blind_Reefer

Will give you loads of wiggle room to be sarcastic with others :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
You know, that might help matters a lot! My sense of humor is definitely lost in these forums…in person people usually laugh uncontrollably but maybe that’s just my face!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I guess that we are being cheeky, can we assume that there is no new species of algae eating bacteria that was discovered that only UWC knew about? Since the UWC headquarters in that residential part of Minnesota was not incinerated to the ground to save life on the planet as we know it, this is an OK assumption, right?

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure what to make of this to be honest. My interpretation skills are also lacking! Ha
Cause you are a blind reefer but you can read posts ha. It was a joke I saw someone say to you in a different thread. :)

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cause you are a blind reefer but you can read posts ha. It was a joke I saw someone say to you in a different thread. :)
Got it…. Coffee hasn’t kicked in! I remember that. I use voiceover a screen reader that reads the screen to me which adds another level of not quite getting things all too often

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back