Warning: Use Vibrant at your own risk

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why I added the smile. :p But I did roll my eyes!
I'll take this opportunity to suggest that after agreeing to the triple platinum sponsorship you also allow them to run a raffle where the prize is a 55 gallon drum of Busan 77, provided of course that no one gets a free entry into this raffle and must post likes and pictures every 12th minute of the hour for 40 days straight. :)

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the end they registered the product as should have from the start but were they penalized because it wasn't from the start? Noticed in other marketing there's no mention of bacteria that I could find or interpret. Seems defrauding the public does pay unless we are to believe they rebranded ALGAEFIX without knowing all they had was technically ALGAEFIX? :thinking-face:

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I guess that we are being cheeky, can we assume that there is no new species of algae eating bacteria that was discovered that only UWC knew about? Since the UWC headquarters in that residential part of Minnesota was not incinerated to the ground to save life on the planet as we know it, this is an OK assumption, right?

Funny.

The new species of bacteria is actually the tears of Big Foot. The tears contain a natural algaecide that keeps the fur or hair around their eyes from turning green from algae growth that you typically see on so many other cryptics. The really fascinating thing is that UWC is able to collect those tears.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The really fascinating thing is that UWC is able to collect those tears.
It’s just Raid’s Weed Killer that they stole and rebranded as Big Foot’s Hairy, Green Eyelash Tears.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I wonder if they actually source the material or do they have a load of empty algaefix bottles in their shop lol

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost way too many corals to vibrant. Not just corals but a group of rock flower nems. It made me think I was the reason somehow even though all other tests seemed ok...so I switched to fish only. Sure I'm happy with fish only now but I will never know if vibrant took out the tank or some other cause.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problems did start when adding vibrant. Sadly, there is nothing I can do to remedy a problem that happened years ago.

Danny McElroy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does not appear to be what UWC claims. Data clearly suggest it is an algaecide identical to Algaefix (see thread below)

IMO, this as a very serious breach of trust from a company that has insisted it is not an algaecide. It is also a clear breach of the Reef2Reef terms of service (about making misleading statements).

UWC refuses to respond to these allegations despite having been asked to do so.

Randy, I want to thank you and express sincere appreciation for your contribution and willingness to share your vast knowledge and experience with us hobbyists. You contribution is truly appreciated!!! I hope you get enjoyment and a rewarding benefit for your constant contribution to our hobby!!! THANK YOU SIR!!!!

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No vibrant was added
88699E90-BC7A-40AB-9D51-F4B580158C02.jpeg
What a great shot, I see 4 fish that could hate each other on paper, nice tank

OP
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, I want to thank you and express sincere appreciation for your contribution and willingness to share your vast knowledge and experience with us hobbyists. You contribution is truly appreciated!!! I hope you get enjoyment and a rewarding benefit for your constant contribution to our hobby!!! THANK YOU SIR!!!!

Thanks. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back