most expensive(and sweetest) chalice I have ever seen!

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahah....it sold on ebay for $627.65......wow.....that's gotta be a bogus bid....wow

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it the first time i sold something on ebay so give me a break. anyone that need a pic of the mother colony under normal light i gave them a pic. i known from experience how much corals cost nowaday. when i first got my first frag of watermelon chalice i paid over 250 for it. so if you like you will pay for it.

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not to mention the frag that i paid for was the size of a #2 pencil eraser.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was a stunning piece and would like to be #2 on the waiting list ;-)

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow.....thats an incredible bid....

no offense to ktar at all......b/c if i put that up on ebay and someone bid that much....i'd be laughing my butt off at this ridiculous person for putting up that much money for a frag of a coral.....

but in all seriousness, i'd bet $$$ if ktar had put up that auction BEFORE he posted it over on RC......that it wouldn't have even broken $100 on ebay. it amazes me how much hype RC can give to a specific coral that will make it be that much more expensive just b/c a dozen people say they must have it......everyone else says they must have it just b/c others said they must have it.

lol

"DANCE PUPPETS DANCE!!" - Stewie Griffen

grisha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long it took you to grew that into colony that big

currentking

Rookie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd definetly love to be on a waiting list, but not for that much..... Dang. I stopped paying attention after it went over 300

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got the colony from a friend that own a LFS and he had it for about 4 years in his main display tank and then i got it for like a year so i would say it took like 5 years not knowing if he ever frag it. i seen it when i first started the hobby and always like it. i wanted a frag but he did not want to frag because at the time it was too small. I bothered him for years to frag but no luck. One day last summer he called me up and said it was for sale and we went back and forth about the price and finally came to a compromise and i brought the piece. "Surfn" you seem a little upset for some reason that i do not know but if you think about it all about demand and supply just like when the PS3 came out people pay rediculous amounts of money to get it. When the "Pink Lemonade" sps first went on ebay it sold for 500 hundred or so dollars. If you think that a crazy price to pay for something you like than think of all the reefer out there whom put thousands of dollar into there reef tank. Some even have so much money put into it that they buy insurance for thier tanks. I am not offended at all and i did not post picture of the chalice to hype it up. I was just sharing like everyone else did. If i did something wrong in any sense i apologize.

Hopkins

Team Awesome
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn't hold a gun to their head and MAKE them bid. I don't believe you did anything wrong. Its just an insane price!

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got the colony from a friend that own a LFS and he had it for about 4 years in his main display tank and then i got it for like a year so i would say it took like 5 years not knowing if he ever frag it. i seen it when i first started the hobby and always like it. i wanted a frag but he did not want to frag because at the time it was too small. I bothered him for years to frag but no luck. One day last summer he called me up and said it was for sale and we went back and forth about the price and finally came to a compromise and i brought the piece. "Surfn" you seem a little upset for some reason that i do not know but if you think about it all about demand and supply just like when the PS3 came out people pay rediculous amounts of money to get it. When the "Pink Lemonade" sps first went on ebay it sold for 500 hundred or so dollars. If you think that a crazy price to pay for something you like than think of all the reefer out there whom put thousands of dollar into there reef tank. Some even have so much money put into it that they buy insurance for thier tanks. I am not offended at all and i did not post picture of the chalice to hype it up. I was just sharing like everyone else did. If i did something wrong in any sense i apologize.

no worries, surfn wasnt' upset, just noting that reef central can create demand for a coral via word of mouth.

it's a nice piece, but i personally dont' care for chalices so i woudn't pay 10 for it..

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea no big deal Ktar. Congrats on making some money back on this expensive hobby. ;)

Seriously though the actinic shows the color better, but the flash site clearly shows the colors it does have.

Honestly if I had money to burn I would pay $600 for a piece.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no worries, surfn wasnt' upset, just noting that reef central can create demand for a coral via word of mouth.

it's a nice piece, but i personally dont' care for chalices so i woudn't pay 10 for it..

yup, i didn't mean any offense to ktar at all......more or less just making fun of the way how the "supply and demand" works in this hobby.

one mans dirt is another mans treasure.

and i'm 100% behind putting something like that on ebay, and letting the supply and demand dictate the price rather than just saying "I want $400 for this frag".

i hope i didn't offend you, i was just stating how this "wonderful" hobby works...lol

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i rarely get offended so dont worry no hard feelings.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure a very unique and colorful chalice I have ever seen..

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF I had the cash I might buy some of that, I mean really that is the only one that I have seen on anyboard with that color pattern. I would say it is probably more rare then any Tyree piece that is out there. If that Chalice has been around we would have seen pics of it long time ago. Cause as we all know when one of us reeefers gets something that is cool or we think is cool we have to show a pic of it i for nothing else but bragging rights some times.......Is it worth that much? Not sure it is worth what ever a specific person is willing to spend on it......Who are anyone of us to judge really what someone else pays for a coral with their own cash. Now if your going to spend my money your dang right I'm gonna judge what you spend it on....LOL

Congrats Ktar.....

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gotta start selling stuff on Ebay! What's the seller supposed to do, tell the highest bidder, he bid too much?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 79 68.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back