most expensive(and sweetest) chalice I have ever seen!

vvolfe1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ktar, great coral. For those that say it is overpriced. I'd say no. People spend more money on corals half as pretty that have a marketing name to them. ktar's chalice is by far the coolest I've ever seen. If someone can get those colors just by lighting please show me how.

Texasarrowhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say I was one of them hype bidders.I bid $600.00 and lost it on ebay.Anyway I talked Ktar into selling me one frag and he is one upstanding guy.My frag is doing well and I will have pictures of it soon.when my wife frist saw it she said she didn't care what it cost that she wanted it.What momma wants momma gets.LOL!Best looking chalice in the hobby.

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sara i notice that i am losing color also because i just switch from T5 to metal halides and it not as nice. i am thinking of chaning back to T5.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sara i notice that i am losing color also because i just switch from T5 to metal halides and it not as nice. i am thinking of chaning back to T5.

So you had this chalice under T5's? If so, what bulb combo are you running. The coral is pretty much a dark rose color and has none of the stunning color you had. I figured it was my choice of Metal Halide bulb is all in my prop tank. I'm thinking of changing out to all T5's in the display tank and would like to move this there if I can get the same color you had ... it's worth it!

ss7

Guinea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
meltingpot.jpg

meltingchaliceLarge.jpg

Anyone else notice these 2 pictures match up on overlay? I see the second picture pop up on forums - it looks like a misrepresentation..

SS

Last edited:

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i believe it looks as pictured under actinics only. You can view all angles of this coral on coralpedia.com and dont think that $300 is too much to pay. 6 months ago a frag sold on ebay for almost double that $650. It is by far one of the rarest chalice around....... Congrats to Ktar for keeping such a promising speciman alive and well in the hobby.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, ktar really did lose quite a section with die-off! It's a great coral and buy what you like is what I say!

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks BETTER in person...thats KTAR melting pot chalice and it will probably for for about 600....that thing is amazing and its not photoshoped ive seen the real thing in person

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KTAR, have you had any luck nursing this baby back? I know the last time you told me that a buddy had a frag in his tank that was doing well, the hardcore chalice collectors would really love to see this coral back on the scene again.

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That chalice is beautiful:still_dreaming:finally found 1 I like better than my Living Lava chalice.
Nice job Ktar!

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KTAR, have you had any luck nursing this baby back? I know the last time you told me that a buddy had a frag in his tank that was doing well, the hardcore chalice collectors would really love to see this coral back on the scene again.

Kev, theres a few frags out there ;)

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It getting a lot of TLC rite now and it is starting to grow again. Not to mention it took almost 3 month after fragging to start growing again. Ian has receive my last frag and i will not be fragging the chalice until as least a year. I will take a good pictures once i get the color to pop again.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 136 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back