My 2.5 month old aquarium

U

User1

View Badges
The house smells of fresh ground chili's and it was tough sleeping last night.;) To describe the small is a cross between fresh ground coffee with a touch of chocolate . So much better then buying the cut chili powder in the store. I should add some Guajillo pepper and smoked chipotle but buying 5 lbs cases would last me years.

Side question and again another derailer of threads - that table used for food prep. In your home? Looks like it is used well - I like it. Wish I had a kitchen large enough for something like that.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side question and again another derailer of threads - that table used for food prep. In your home? Looks like it is used well - I like it. Wish I had a kitchen large enough for something like that.

The story behind that, that top was in the restaurant that I did my apprenticeship at. The cutting board had been in place since 1954 and they were pulled since they were grooved from use. The underside of the board is almost bowl shaped with I .75 inch depression. The board has been sanded several times since I made the base. I am redoing my home kitchen now and I am trying to figure out how to incorporate it into my cooks kitchen. I also have a very tight space also. I am going to expand into the breakfast nook area which is useless, and move things around so that it will work.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add some Guajillo pepper and smoked chipotle but buying 5 lbs cases would last me years.
Too bad R2R doesn't allow selling and trading non-reef related products. You might have a market!!! ;)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank! I love the stand, that thing is spot on! Also love the rock! Excellent job putting that thing together!

Thank you, there has been quite a few changes since April 2015.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad R2R doesn't allow selling and trading non-reef related products. You might have a market!!! ;)

I think it is a good thing, I like coming to R2R to unwind:)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And great looking eats pics! That Pork Loin looks KILLER!

You thing we do not say in the business of culinary is Killer:rolleyes::D:D

I seen the date, but it was the first time I seen the post. That stand is awesome!

Thank you for the compliment, no 2x4's in the case work. The stand can move with the nylon casters on the bottom when the tank is full, and has in the past when I need to so some upgrades behind the cabinet and ethernet wiring.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stand is beautiful!! Great craftsmanship there. I just read through the thread and I wanted to say well done!

Thank you very much:)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back