My 54 Corner tank

Larry54corner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my tank. It's a 54 gallon corner tank. Live rock some soft corals. A clean up crew including a Mandarin. I also have a Valentini Puffer I just switched to Red Sea Coral Pro salt it's about 2 months old. And all my numbers are perfect and the tank seems to be thriving. I'm very happy what would be my next logical step ? How long should I wait before introducing some more corals ? And what would be a good suggestion I like bright colors any ideas would be appreciated
1d9c2463b4d6208f11cebb8a2da574b0.jpg
65e507e146fa63578c9ede7908f8e109.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like how you have the branch rock with the aquascape. Nice touch. How old is the system?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion would be to take a step back and let things settle in for 30 day, patients is the reefer best friend. The tank needs time to adjust to all the things that you have added. If everything is fine then I would look at some monti's. :) link

bsfmaximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice set up! I've currently got a 54 corner too. Not the most commonly seen reef tank so its fun to see how others set things up (just went back and started a post tracking my own progress, feel free to check it out!). What lights do you have on your tank?

bsfmaximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long should I wait before introducing some more corals ? And what would be a good suggestion I like bright colors any ideas would be appreciated
Just my two cents... young tank and LED light, you could try some different zoas and palys for bright colors and variety. They are durable in case your tank has swings and if this is your first reef tank, they can be forgiving as you learn.

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same tank; just had to break it down last month for personal reasons. Here is a link to my tank build on the NJRC forum -http://www.njreefers.org/threads/my-tank-thread.92213/

Your tank is still young so like said above take it slow. Your current lighting does limit what type of corals you can add. Like @bsfmaximus said look at zoas and or polyps (but be careful with polyps cause they can easily over run a tank)

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you said you have a Mandarin. I am sorry to say but I think your tank is too young to support a mandarin; unless you are adding pods to your tank. They are hard to keep even in a system that been running for awhile. They are very nice looking fish. Also I don't believe they are part of your clean up crew. Speaking of CUC be careful of your puffer because they might eat your snails and shrimp.

spoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my tank. It's a 54 gallon corner tank. Live rock some soft corals. A clean up crew including a Mandarin. I also have a Valentini Puffer I just switched to Red Sea Coral Pro salt it's about 2 months old. And all my numbers are perfect and the tank seems to be thriving. I'm very happy what would be my next logical step ? How long should I wait before introducing some more corals ? And what would be a good suggestion I like bright colors any ideas would be appreciated
1d9c2463b4d6208f11cebb8a2da574b0.jpg
65e507e146fa63578c9ede7908f8e109.jpg
How much did you aquascape cost I also have the exact same tank
image.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back