OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did you go so small? :)

You know sometime in the late late future I may say that lol, but not when I'm trying to lift that bad boy onto the stand next weekend, well I hope, Derek should let me know tomorrow when they plan to ship the tank, there factory is only four hours away, but I think they may have messed up on the euro brace and forgot to drill the holes so will see soon.... Stay tuned ...

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I've had any time to post up an update.... Things have been extremely busy with work this time of year... The tank has been delayed due to the euro brace I decided to add some more holes to the top bracing, I also decided to add an oceans motions 4 way to the mix and do a closed loop. I was undecided for far too long and last minute decided to do it. So I will have a closed loop now with like 10 1" returns, a barracuda/ hammerhead will run that, and I will run another barracuda for the return, along with 4- mp-60s. What do you think for flow?? :) should be good but will see I've never had a tank that long, and I've never ran a CL system...

Here's a few pictures of what I accomplished today... I placed an order thru MARCO ROCKS, last week and man did he deliver, I have some of the nicest shelf rock I have ever seen, and he said that as well! Stuffs amazing! I ordered some huge pieces and wow, but I don't think 450lbs is quite enough... I may order another 200lbs... It's very clean rock and I highly recommend it! Here's a few pics , and also a rough Mac up. I usually do my whole scape and then put the pieces in, however, it would just be too heavy, a few of these pieces are 30 lbs easily.... Well on with the pics ......

Last edited:
OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0781_zpsb2987f7d.jpg

IMG_0782_zps477d78fa.jpg

IMG_0785_zpsde3bf927.jpg

IMG_0787_zpsdc92b078.jpg

IMG_0790_zps3ec21bd2.jpg

IMG_0791_zpsd1d01027.jpg

IMG_0788_zpsd90e46cc.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was able to get the steel beams installed today with the help of my bro... Was a breeze, beams are 12' long by 8" tall by 5" wide.... I used ratchet straps to raise them up to the deck and threw stations underneath, whole thing took 30-40min.... Tank hopefully next week....

IMG_0832_zps2c432fda.jpg

IMG_0834_zps76a191d0.jpg

IMG_0833_zpsf57ba5c7.jpg

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along :) i think you're right you definitely need more marco rock.

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a ton definitely been a longer than expected process! I will probably order some more rock from them soon as I wanna elevate my rock structure more to take atvantage of the 30" depth.... Still tons to do, I will probably finish leveling the stand tomorrow, and finish installing my hdpe plastic in fish room. Then I will put my sump in place.... Install floor drain. Have to still make light rack and canopy.... Lots to do ... Hopefully by the end of next week it will be up and starting to cycle while I finish all the other stuff..... Appreciate all the kind words !

Balddave1216

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I want to say I'm really looking forward to seeing this tank, but one this is bugging my ocd some. You have been doing a great job at not cutting corners and planning well but I'm curious of why you didn't build your stand out of treated wood or have a metal stand built? I've noticed your lengths to seal and soundproof your fish room that it made me curious. I'm not questioning the sturdiness of it cause I know it'll hold. And I know it's a very small detail that prob won't make a difference. Other that that your doin a great job

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I want to say I'm really looking forward to seeing this tank, but one this is bugging my ocd some. You have been doing a great job at not cutting corners and planning well but I'm curious of why you didn't build your stand out of treated wood or have a metal stand built? I've noticed your lengths to seal and soundproof your fish room that it made me curious. I'm not questioning the sturdiness of it cause I know it'll hold. And I know it's a very small detail that prob won't make a difference. Other that that your doin a great job

Ahh yes it was a tough choice to have a stand built of steel for me or wield one of wood myself! I have been a carpenter a long time now, I have made many great things of wood and seen it hold some massive weight! As I've done almost everything myself I just couldn't see someone else building my stand for me as I've built all my previous stands. I didn't use treated lumber cause it wouldn't be exposed to the elements, and treated lumber actually tends to swell more when around moisture from my experience. Either way all lumber will be covered with a thick plastic and sealed with silicone.... I really appreciate your interest and curiosity! Thanks for following along and to all who also follow , and questions or input is greatly appreciated!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice build.

Helenareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice build man. I'm sure it crossed your mind, but I would have had a hard time not setting the tank back in the fish room space, to be viewed from three rooms. Of course, then you have no fish room and plumbing issues.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back