OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice build man. I'm sure it crossed your mind, but I would have had a hard time not setting the tank back in the fish room space, to be viewed from three rooms. Of course, then you have no fish room and plumbing issues.

Ah yes it would have been great to have the tank viewable from 3 sides! The current fish room you see is actually my old master bedroom closet so some sacrifices had to be made lol :) the right side of the tank there will be a shower on that side one day in the future it will be connected to the master bedroom. I thought about putting a port hole to look into the tank from the master shower but all in all I know I will be really happy with it just how it will be .... Shoot it's almost 36' of glass to clean as is I think lol.... Anxious everyday to start plumbing this beast!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is nice about post like yours, that over time and people can see the builds through out the progress. It will be fun to look back on my tank in a year to see what I have changed. I did mention to my better half of taking over part of her master closet and making a remote sump and top off set up room. You can guess how that went.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VERY VERY NICE build, much respect on your DIY ability and skills. I will certainly be following along from now on to see where this goes. Really like the extra effort put forth in the sound proofing of the fish room, great decision with two Barracudas and multiple Vortech's running. Was just about to start a similar build a year ago but have been in limbo in deciding to stay at current residence or sell off and into our little Beach House where my 60"x24" footprint is already pushing limits. When yours is complete will have to show the wife to see if she is still game for a 84x42x30 Reeftank.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the gadgets on the wall in post #22

Ahh yes , the first one is a lighting controller for my lights, I will be running the ballast on 240 power vs 120, try so save money on electric when I can, it has a 110 trigger cord that will plug into my apex. Next is a humidity controller that will turn a large 6" 645+cfm fan that will remove all the humid air out of the room and out of the house.... Last is 4 20 amp plugs.... :)

VERY VERY NICE build, much respect on your DIY ability and skills. I will certainly be following along from now on to see where this goes. Really like the extra effort put forth in the sound proofing of the fish room, great decision with two Barracudas and multiple Vortech's running. Was just about to start a similar build a year ago but have been in limbo in deciding to stay at current residence or sell off and into our little Beach House where my 60"x24" footprint is already pushing limits. When yours is complete will have to show the wife to see if she is still game for a 84x42x30 Reeftank.

Cheers, Todd

Hey Todd thanks ! Wait till everything is buttoned up and lookin sweet then show her! Hopefully you will be able to upgrade... Take your time and plan ahead, I did as much as I could, there's always things outa our control tho, some things I wish I would planned better, that's a nice size tank you plan to get ! Good luck !

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to say Thank you so much Nick for the Amazing frag pack you hooked me up with before your current tank tear down, You are a true reefer and a great guy!!!!!. Every piece you paid a small fortune for. Setting me up with Angels and demons, Sippers BG Millie and 50 other amazing corals. When you get this monster together I will give you one of everything I have.

This will be the best SPS tank in Michigan. Absolutely Amazing. Thank You so much!!!!! and See you soon!

NickFrags.jpg

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words Tom, corals should settle in fast in your amazing setup! Look forward to you guys seeing the 560 soon, as well as all the goodies from ya! Couldn't have gone to a better reefer, thanks bra...!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 46 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back