My 560 Gallon Acro Oasis

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome work. I wish I had the skill set to pull this off myself.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow this is amazing so far!

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh! So jealous! This tank is going to be killer. I can't wait until I can upgrade to a big boy tank like this:)

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanna say thanks for following along and all of the compliments are great to hear as it's been a lot of hard work to even get this far! So thanks!

That aluminum looks nice! Are you going to buff some swirls into it or leave it as is?

I'm just going to polish it out a bit, not super shiny but that soft warm look you can get from aluminum, I didn't wanna go super polished. I think the swirls are more of a modern look which I'm gonna try to stay away from and go a little more vi rage and old world look, I also think the swirls are more reserved for steel.... I am going to pickup the sumo later today I hope so I can start on the baffles and drilling it! More to come and again thanks for following along !

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll time for a small update, I ordered some high density polyethylene for the flooring today it should be here in a week or so. Still no word on the tank yet. However I was able to pickup my sump today! It's around 150 gallon, 6' by 30" by 19" I will be putting the baffles in and drilling it for drains, emergency drains , and return pumps, I started putting the baffles in today....

IMG_0690_zps0cd9faed.jpg

IMG_0689_zps571820fc.jpg

IMG_0693_zps7f5f4a9b.jpg

IMG_0692_zps4ea3fa88.jpg

I still have 1 separation baffle to put in to separate the skimmer section from frag section, an then one more set of bubble trap baffles before return area, I'll start that tomorrow am... :)

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^ Thanks! Much appreciation! ^^^

Here's a couple more pics of the sump I finished the baffles up this am, drilling will commence tomorrow !

IMG_0696_zpsfa65e5a2.jpg

IMG_0694_zps41213bed.jpg

IMG_0695_zps6e4432b3.jpg

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bro!! I'm very happy with everything so far, I hope I'm happy with my tank, it seems like I'm getting the run around from miracles aquariums, every time I call Derek he has to call me back or whatever, and I usually end up calling him again and having his secretary put me thru to him, he gave me his cell number but I don't wanna call that direct, it's not that I'm pestering him, but for the money spent I think there would be more of a Urgency to call your client back when there spending that kinda $. It's actually starting to make me nervous.

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful wood work and the sump baffles look very professional. That's going to be a sweet setup once you have everything set up.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bro!! I'm very happy with everything so far, I hope I'm happy with my tank, it seems like I'm getting the run around from miracles aquariums, every time I call Derek he has to call me back or whatever, and I usually end up calling him again and having his secretary put me thru to him, he gave me his cell number but I don't wanna call that direct, it's not that I'm pestering him, but for the money spent I think there would be more of a Urgency to call your client back when there spending that kinda $. It's actually starting to make me nervous.

When you pickup your tank at the depot be sure to inspect the seams and glass carefully. My miracles tank ended up having small pits in the glass on the front pane and hard water stains, and one of the silicone seams is really thin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks macropora really appreciate it!!!

Logzor man please don't get me worried :/ I already stressed to Derek I am really OCD when it comes to scratches and the silicone seams, I told him I wanted it personally inspected by him, so will see... I only heard or 1-2 issues with miracles and they were always corrected. Did they correct yours for u :/

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why did you go so small? :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back