Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is Sunday!!!
Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 2.46.56 PM.png

Nice picture of one of the clowns hiding, the big girl is right behind, keep guard.
IMG_0546.JPG
Looks like you've got those trates in line now. Any plan on raising your phosphate levels?

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you've got those trates in line now. Any plan on raising your phosphate levels?
I have been say I would start dosing Phosphates for some time. I still think I need to dose phosphates. I bumped up the Vodka last week, the filter socks clog now in a day. I think I have the carbon dialed in and yes the nitrates are finally coming down.

Have you ever dose phosphates?

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been say I would start dosing Phosphates for some time. I still think I need to dose phosphates. I bumped up the Vodka last week, the filter socks clog now in a day. I think I have the carbon dialed in and yes the nitrates are finally coming down.

Have you ever dose phosphates?
Not exactly, per se, as I've never had them bottom out. I dose bactobalance, and it keeps things pretty steady.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exactly, per se, as I've never had them bottom out. I dose bactobalance, and it keeps things pretty steady.
I have not ever had phosphate bottom out like this for this long. I am usually running something to keep the phosphates down.

I think I will go and get some Brightwell phosphates to dose tomorrow.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking good.

I started dosing phosphates yesterday I am at zero still. I will see in a couple of days where the phosphates are at.

The GHA is coming off the rock though :)
Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 12.48.09 PM.png

IMG_0556.JPG
IMG_0557.JPG
IMG_0558.JPG
IMG_0559.JPG

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Friday

Today numbers
Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 2.16.25 PM.png

Phosphates are still Zero, Nitrates are up.

IMG_0569.JPG
IMG_0570.JPG
IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0572.JPG
IMG_0573.JPG
IMG_0574.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0575.JPG
    IMG_0575.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is test your tank Sunday in my world!!
Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 3.26.10 PM.png

Pretty much same old, same old. Nutrient are the issue.

I am ordering the new Aquaforest Hybrid salt. I have figured out that I do not have a lot of time. When I was using Probiotic salt by Aquaforest for my water changes until I ran out. My thank has look the best is has in years. The GHA was going away, No Cyano. Two weeks of reef salt and the mess is coming back. With the reef salt I have to dose Pro Bio S and NP Pro. I was not dosing any thing except a water change and ok carbon before I ran out of the Probiotic salt.

I would go with the Probiotic salt, I would like to try the Hybrid.

Baked some Black Russian Rye. Time for some patty melts
IMG_1443.jpeg

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is test your tank Sunday in my world!!
Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 3.26.10 PM.png

Pretty much same old, same old. Nutrient are the issue.

I am ordering the new Aquaforest Hybrid salt. I have figured out that I do not have a lot of time. When I was using Probiotic salt by Aquaforest for my water changes until I ran out. My thank has look the best is has in years. The GHA was going away, No Cyano. Two weeks of reef salt and the mess is coming back. With the reef salt I have to dose Pro Bio S and NP Pro. I was not dosing any thing except a water change and ok carbon before I ran out of the Probiotic salt.

I would go with the Probiotic salt, I would like to try the Hybrid.

Baked some Black Russian Rye. Time for some patty melts
IMG_1443.jpeg
That bread looks awesome! I feel you on the nutrients, dude. I just had a massive phos spike. Nitrates crept up a bit too, but nothing too bad, there. Thankfully I know what caused the issue and am adjusting course.

Attachments

• 20230413_181743.jpg
    20230413_181743.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230413_181210.jpg
    20230413_181210.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That bread looks awesome! I feel you on the nutrients, dude. I just had a massive phos spike. Nitrates crept up a bit too, but nothing too bad, there. Thankfully I know what caused the issue and am adjusting course.
You nitrates a good, it them phosphates.

I should have the Hybrid salt by Friday. I will before and after picture the DT. I had some one tell me a while back to us the probiotic salt instead of the see salt. Did I listen:face-with-rolling-eyes: no.:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

You cannot purchase good loaf of Black Russian Rye in the stores down here.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You nitrates a good, it them phosphates.

I should have the Hybrid salt by Friday. I will before and after picture the DT. I had some one tell me a while back to us the probiotic salt instead of the see salt. Did I listen:face-with-rolling-eyes: no.:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

You cannot purchase good loaf of Black Russian Rye in the stores down here.
I'm a native New Yorker, so believe me-- I hear you! Enjoy.

Yeah the phosphates went through the roof. All things considered, like I said: 'trates aren't too bad; though, I normally like to hang around 15.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a native New Yorker, so believe me-- I hear you! Enjoy
I am married to a New Yorker/Met fan. I lived on the islands for a couple of years. I really miss the dinners, and pastry shops. I have bagels perfected, I make a New York style here and there. All in all I had a good New York experience.

I normally like to hang around 15.
My nitrates have not been below 20 in years.

You have a good looking system. Next weekend, it will be time to talk to take builder for an upgrade.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am married to a New Yorker/Met fan. I lived on the islands for a couple of years. I really miss the dinners, and pastry shops. I have bagels perfected, I make a New York style here and there. All in all I had a good New York experience.

My nitrates have not been below 20 in years.

You have a good looking system. Next weekend, it will be time to talk to take builder for an upgrade.
I was born in Queens and raised in Brooklyn. Before I joined the army, I managed a bagel shop on Ralph Ave. in the flatlands near Carnarasie. I used to bake bagels, bread and simple patties (i.e turnovers).

I won't hold your taste in women against you, though. I bleed blue and white. Go Yankess!

Last edited:
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was born in Queens and raised in Brooklyn. Before I joined the army, I managed a bagel shop on Ralph Ave. in the flatlands near Carnarasie. I used to bake bagels, bread and simple patties (i.e turnovers).

I won't hold your taste in women against you, though. I bleed blue and white though. Go Yankess!
Bayside Queens is were I lived, when I was there 22 years ago. I through out logic, to marry a Met fan :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: She know her baseball trivia though, better than most. I have had a few different address, I follow the teams were I have lived. My sister in-law is a big Yankee fan. We used to go to Yankee games when we could.

I need to get back to NY to see both the new stadiums. I miss the old parks though.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bayside Queens is were I lived, when I was there 22 years ago. I through out logic, to marry a Met fan :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: She know her baseball trivia though, better than most. I have had a few different address, I follow the teams were I have lived. My sister in-law is a big Yankee fan. We used to go to Yankee games when we could.

I need to get back to NY to see both the new stadiums. I miss the old parks though.
I know Bayside very well. I've DJ'd at the Crazy Moose, way back in the day.

My father still lives in Flushing. I'm up in the city a couple times a year. Been down in DC for 15 years now. NY feels less and less like home.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Bayside very well. I've DJ'd at the Crazy Moose, way back in the day.

My father still lives in Flushing. I'm up in the city a couple times a year. Been down in DC for 15 years now. NY feels less and less like home.
I use to take Northern Blvd to work and drive through Flushing. You are bring back the memories.

The transit system still is one of the best.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let see, it has been two weeks. RAP last week was a good time.

I Ordered the Aquaforest Hybrid Pro salt and did my first water change and I am going to do another today. Nitrate are up again. Nothing has changed much.

I need to stick two corals I purchased last week and find another that has gone missing, while one of the fish were rearranging the sand.

Todays numbers
Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 12.03.15 PM.png

I am going to bring down the alk and bump up the salinity in the ware change. I will also tweak the Ca down a tad.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One week with the Aquaforest hybrid Pro and my nitrates have dropped salinity is up. I will drop that back down a bit

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 6.03.59 PM.png

Tomorrow I am having a conversation with Joe's glass cages to order a new DT. The center euro brace is not looking good and will fail at some point. The toms aqua pump is on its last leg that is use to keep the siphon in the CPR. Time to replace the DT whit a 100 gal DT 50Hx20Wx23H rimless with a coast to coast return.

If I have to do Chemo, I am going to do it in style ;) :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say this after having a rimless tank for a while now, Get a euro-braced tank. I dislike the fact that when you try and scrape the glass, water gets pushed over the rim, ALL THE TIME, and you will be cleaning the outside constantly.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say this after having a rimless tank for a while now, Get a euro-braced tank. I dislike the fact that when you try and scrape the glass, water gets pushed over the rim, ALL THE TIME, and you will be cleaning the outside constantly.
I will ask tomorrow, thank you for the heads up.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the rimless, the top I will be making to keep down the splashing and slop.

The tank is ordered, new build thread created and link in my signature.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 96 44.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 100 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 21 9.7%
Back