OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally have my GHL 2.1 sa doser connected to the network. I am also happy that I now can use the app or GCC with a usb to change settings.

I now have the doser wired with a Lan connection. I am happy now.

I am working on the other build, with a new sump and mixing tank. I am going with glass for the sump and mixing tank. I am getting the glass cut and drilled. I will do the assembly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I over dosed on vodka and I have an algae bloom going on. I also did some maintenance on a doser to replace the wheels and that is most like the reason that I overdosed.
IMG_0577.JPG

On a good note, the cyano is down. The rock work was looking great, since the vodka was not dosing correctly. The GHA came back. Time to start feeding more to get the nutrient number up a bit. The Alk is way high. I will turn off the dosing for a couple of days then start back slowly dose alk.

It is always something :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 11.13.27 AM.png

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Todays numbers
Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 1.27.24 PM.png

Doing a water change, then testing again to adjust my numbers. The Alk has been off of dosing for a week and down for a 10 last week. Phosphates read a .01 on the checker.

No white balance

IMG_0580.JPG
IMG_0581.JPG

adjusting white balance with gray
IMG_0582.JPG
IMG_0583.JPG

White balance with white card
IMG_0586.JPG
IMG_0587.JPG

White card and filter
IMG_0592.JPG
IMG_0593.JPG

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this will be the last week for the Bowfront. I will start tearing down the system next week to store and move.

We are in the process of relocating to another state. I will be donating(giving away the live stock, rock, shrooms, and tank if I do not trash the tank. The middle support is cracked, unless someone can fix the tank, it will be trash for the tank.

My new tank is done and waiting to be shipped. I am really excited to see and set up the new @Joe Glass Cages tank. Great people to work with by the way. The move is going along faster than we thought.

I will not have a system set up for at the least, 6 months while I get other priorities finished.

The tank has not looked this good for a very long time. I cut back feeding and dose vodka is working to clear the tank up.

IMG_1573.jpeg

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Farewell little bow-front! I’m looking forward to your future tank! :D
Thank you, I had a good chuckle.

I am going to do a cool scape, possible floating island. I am thinking to go with a third GHL light also. GHL controller also. If I can, I will go with a remote sump again.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I had a good chuckle.

I am going to do a cool scape, possible floating island. I am thinking to go with a third GHL light also. GHL controller also. If I can, I will go with a remote sump again.
I highly recommend the fine sand plus liquid super glue method to aquascape. It holds extremely strong and binds rapidly!

Tidal Gardens has a video on YouTube. :)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend the fine sand plus liquid super glue method to aquascape. It holds extremely strong and binds rapidly!

Tidal Gardens has a video on YouTube. :)
Thank you :)

Fine sand for the sub-straight? I was thinking of going with a different corse sand instead of the black sand.

I am going with the stone fix from Aquaforest. cures fast and hold. I have even used the stone fix underwater before.

I will watch the video

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fine sand for the sub-straight? I was thinking of going with a different corse sand instead of the black sand.

I am going with the stone fix from Aquaforest. cures fast and hold. I have even used the stone fix underwater before.

I will watch the video
This is the video:

It holds like crazy!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

I will watch the video
I love the AF stone fix and I went from black to fiji pink. The black sand had magnetic particles which clung to my algae magnets

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the AF stone fix and I went from black to fiji pink. The black sand had magnetic particles which clung to my algae magnets
I have the same issue with the black sand. Sticking to the magnet, then scratching the glass.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I never heard of it before. If you are comfortable with it, then go for it. It looks like a quick-acting mortar. :)
I had to glue a piece of aqua scape back in place, in the filled tank. I made a ball with stone fix, smashed it between the two pieces underwater. it set with in minutes, and still has not moved to this day. Also the Coraline grown on the stone fix. I was sold then and still sold now.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To day is bitter sweet. The tank is empty except sand. Tomorrow I will finish the breakdown.
Thank @acro-ed and @Js.Aqua.Project for taking the fish, coral, and rock. Check out the new Tank thread Link. I am hoping to be back in business in 6 to 9 months.

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks again, Jeff! Best of luck with your move and getting your new system set up!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.0%
Back