My Clownfish are on to me

RobinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my clownfish are on to me. Every time I enter the room, which is about 4x for feeding. They all act like they are going to spawn. Even the females do some runs. I am convinced they are only doing this to trick me.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish brain: Hey, every time the big food blob is over there and we do this, it comes over here.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my clownfish are on to me. Every time I enter the room, which is about 4x for feeding. They all act like they are going to spawn. Even the females do some runs. I am convinced they are only doing this to trick me.
All of my fish do similar to get my attention. They are better at begging than my dogs. Probably doesn't help that I keep pellets near by as snacks and toss a few in way more often than I should. Tangs get excited when I bend over to get them out of the stand.
My CBB swims circles around the power head when I'm sitting at the table. First time I saw this I thought he was sick and spassing out but when I walked up to the tank he swam right up to me and was like OK where's the food? Fish are smarter than many people realize, at least when it comes to recognizing who's the food god.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fight them back and hopefully they will learn who is boss!
I’ve tried this…doesn’t work! I have literally flicked my male on the nose and sent him flying, came right back and bit me again. Little jerks don’t care!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns, of two years, have never bit my hand or even shown aggression to my hand in the tank. The biggest pig in my tank, diamond watchman goby, will bite anything, including my fingers, that enter the water where I introduce food.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back