OP
B

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi BarbH, I feel your pain. I have to do the same only mine is for health reasons and I am no able to take care of the tank as it should be. I thought I was going to be able to but it's just too much. I know I'll never get out of it what I have invested but, I'd rather sell it and save the fish I have than they suffer and die for lack of care. Maybe later on I can set up a very small tank but not now. Good luck in your future.

Sorry to hear that Greg :( Hopefully things improve with your health. I still check out the saltwater section when I am at the fish store. Hopefully you will be able to set up a small tank when things get better. You may also want to consider a freshwater setup, depending on what the health issues are. Can keep it very low tech and require less maintenance. With my tank I am using a python type water changer, hook it up to the sink and don't have to worry about having to haul any buckets for taking water out, or putting new water in.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sadly I had to tear down this tank. With changes in jobs and with less money coming in, along with plans to be going back to school this coming fall I decided to step away from the saltwater side of things for now. I do plan on setting up another tank one of these days in the future so at this time I will be keeping my equipment. However I could not imagine keeping the tank empty, so it has been converted into a freshwater setup. I am doing love plants in this tank and eventually once the tank stabilizes it will become the new home to some angelfish and a few different species of tetras. I still do plan on checking in on here, and look forward to seeing everyone's tanks :)

Barb, We've missed you! Sorry to hear the news, but certainly understand. Glad to hear you kept the tank and have converted it to freshwater. Would love to see a pic!

-Terry

OP
OP
B

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Barb, We've missed you! Sorry to hear the news, but certainly understand. Glad to hear you kept the tank and have converted it to freshwater. Would love to see a pic!

-Terry

Hi Terry and thanks. Hoping to maybe get some updated pictures this Sunday. Have a little rearranging to do, had a few more plants come in. Will have to start a thread in the fresh water section to keep updates in this tank. I do have to say that it is amazing the amount of growth I have seen in the plants so far.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back