OP
OP
nawilson89

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 I no longer keep hermits, they will take out your snails and then eachother.

The scary thing is. I never had a problem in the past with hermits killing each other. It's my pistol shrimp killing hermits lol.... my pistol shrimp... killed... my scarlet reef hermit... I... I can't even find his shell.

coralcollage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scary thing is. I never had a problem in the past with hermits killing each other. It's my pistol shrimp killing hermits lol.... my pistol shrimp... killed... my scarlet reef hermit... I... I can't even find his shell.

I've never had a pistol shrimp but I've always wanted to try the goby/shrimp combo! Does your pistol go for snails?

OP
OP
nawilson89

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He takes them and puts them at the door. They move away and he gets upset. It's to funny. I love the pistol/shrimp combo. If I could put up a 10 gallon in my room it would be just for that.

coralcollage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He takes them and puts them at the door. They move away and he gets upset. It's to funny. I love the pistol/shrimp combo. If I could put up a 10 gallon in my room it would be just for that.

That's funny, I'm tempted to do it but not sure how well they do with cleaner shrimp.

OP
OP
nawilson89

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The temperament of the shrimp plays a factor. I have a tiger pistol. They are a bit more aggressive than a Randalls shrimp.

OP
OP
nawilson89

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to do it. I couldn't look at them and not buy them. Two Green banded Goby. I hope my red head doesn't get mad

OP
OP
nawilson89

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1982221_10153165750352588_195560978_n.jpg

I put them in a small plastic tank after acclimation. I want to see them interact with my red head.

He's... mad? I'm not sure. He sat in front of the tank for a bit and then scooted off.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AH THAT DUDE IS THE BOMB!~! Keep us posted on that dude!! I know nothing about those.

OP
OP
nawilson89

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's been rubbing himself on a rock since he got in the tank. I'll see how he is tomorrow.

OP
OP
nawilson89

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pom Pom Crab has disappeared. Haven't seen him in quite awhile. He must be hiding pretty well, I hope.

One of my Green Banded Goby has gone missing, I'm really hoping he found a vein of Pods under the rocks and is just chowing down. If not...

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave a piece of shrimp or something laying out on the sand bed, see if he comes out for dinner.

OP
OP
nawilson89

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got home from work tonight and sat in front of my tank, did a light feeding and I saw the usual Greenbanded Goby, as I stared for a bit my eyes wandered to a rock at the top of the tank when BAM! The second Greenbanded Goby bursted out of a crevice at full blast, scaring every fish in the vicinity causing me to jump back as he grabbed a small piece of food and then darted; hanging under a rock like a bat. So they're both alive which makes me happy. The Pom Pom crab has not reared his head; though I haven't a piece of shrimp to entice him with (family is out of town and I don't eat seafood so nothing to steal from them).

On another note. I came across an article about a "Planted Marine Tank". I loved planted tanks when I was doing freshwater so I am curious on converting my tank to planted using Macro Algae. My questions, if anyone can answer are:

A) What kind of Algae Can I use (my LFS has chaeto for sale for like $5 if I can use a few of those)?

B) How do I attach said algae to a rock?

OP
OP
nawilson89

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on. He's got plenty in there also, some good stuff.

OP
OP
nawilson89

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my green banded Goby has entered into a symbiotic relationship with my sea urchin. They are always together... it's strange.

OP
OP
nawilson89

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pom Pom crab is alive! I saw it in a small cave near the top of the tank. So happy to see it; then it disappeared again.

My pod population is exploding more and more. Its crazy!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back