My Wife hates my Blues, Can’t be the Only one???

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No problem. IMHO
However - they do not do that in the ocean - So - we may be doing something wrong. The people that say 'blue light is natural due to the depth'. I'm not sure.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The blue hate crowd is out in numbers!

It's always just felt elitist or kinda gatekeepy to me. As long as stuff is growing, enjoy your tank however you like. I too enjoy heavier blues.

Blue light discussions certainly bring out a lot of “stop liking what I don’t like” energy.

Royal_pudding

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here man. Wife dislikes the blue, yet wants coloration in the tank.
Anyone recommend corals that are colorful under 10k-ish light?

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed; whiter light seems a lot more natural and relaxing to look at.

The Windex/blue look reminds of me of cannabis growers with their pink/purple lights trying to maximize growth.

Attachments

• grower.png
    grower.png
    529 KB · Views: 41

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's always just felt elitist or kinda gatekeepy to me. As long as stuff is growing, enjoy your tank however you like. I too enjoy heavier blues.
To be fair, this thread was started specifically on the topic of "blue hate". :p It's not like us "full-spectrum adherents" go marauding, looking for "blue light threads" to dump and hate on.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinions on something is not hate. Opinions about somebody else's opinions starts to border on hate.

The ultimate example of this is Millennials hating on Boomers opinions with their OK Boomer rhetoric. Sure, some Boomers don't want to get on Facebook or Insta, don't get pronouns right with absolutely no malice, believed in working hard and being rewarded, don't make up their own definitions for words and think that they are cool, etc. The Millennials hating on them for it is way worse instead of just forming their own opinions and just letting the other opinions lay (and maybe laughing about them). Boomers win this one...

If you are the person who thinks that somebody else is hating, it is about 95% probable that you are actual hater.

BTW - as the parent of many daughters, I am fully aware that hate is a synonym for "an opinion that I don't like." However, words matter and not everybody knows this.

Blopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, this thread was started specifically on the topic of "blue hate". :p It's not like us "full-spectrum adherents" go marauding, looking for "blue light threads" to dump and hate on.
1000% it totally was, not trying to start a war haha.

I always like to drop a "blue is okay" whenever I get the chance though. It's nice for new people (myself included) to remember there is more than one way to skin a cat grow a coral.

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My missus actually seems to prefer the blues more than white. I'm kind of in between myself. I like a more white light during the day but don't mind the blues at night. Thanks to a dino outbreak though I've been predominantly running blues for the past 12 months or more.

Also even though it counts for nothing, I've always found it weird people leave their windows open for people going by to look into at night. Maybe look at a window covering if she's worried what the neighbors might think.

TastyScrants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Giving a preference isn’t really elitist or gatekeeping. You could say the same for people who like the intense blue light.

Blue windex tanks don’t do it for me, just like full spectrum tanks probably don’t do it for you.

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinions on something is not hate. Opinions about somebody else's opinions starts to border on hate.

The ultimate example of this is Millennials hating on Boomers opinions with their OK Boomer rhetoric. Sure, some Boomers don't want to get on Facebook or Insta, don't get pronouns right with absolutely no malice, believed in working hard and being rewarded, don't make up their own definitions for words and think that they are cool, etc. The Millennials hating on them for it is way worse instead of just forming their own opinions and just letting the other opinions lay (and maybe laughing about them). Boomers win this one...

If you are the person who thinks that somebody else is hating, it is about 95% probable that you are actual hater.

BTW - as the parent of many daughters, I am fully aware that hate is a synonym for "an opinion that I don't like." However, words matter and not everybody knows this.
Yep. The I’m offended by everything crowd.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Same spousal complaints here with the AB+ schedule (XR15s), I've been playing with a ~10k kelvin period but I get annoyed with the tank flashing as I try to adjust things live, and haven't settled on a new schedule.. Wonder if anyone has a modified AB+ Mobius template with more whites to share..?
I have my modified schedule posted and shared in Apex

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back