New House, New Build

drcrook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

So im planning a 10’x2’x3’ tank in the main great room in some built ins. Dimensions may vary at the end of the day. My biggest question based on previous tanks is ato and continuous water changes. Ill have a garage on the same level but about 50’ -60’ away where i was intending to have an ato and saltwater mixing station and rodi. I was hoping to base all controllers on either neptune or redsea unless folks know of a better solution.

is there a proven way to do this well? I was thinking the ato could use the rodi wayer tank in the garage and same with continuous water change. All water lines would run through the crawl space.

Links to similar successful builds is appreciated.

Thanks!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you live someplace warm enough that running water through the crawl space won't freeze?

OP
OP
drcrook

drcrook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a super good point that I hadn't thought about. It will 100% drop into the teens in deep winter. I haven't measured what the crawlspace temperature would be.

OP
OP
drcrook

drcrook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you live someplace warm enough that running water through the crawl space won't freeze?
Any suggestions? Maybe i can run a heat coiled conduit line encasing the transfer lines similar to what you would see in an rv water line for northern winters. Know of anything mostly out of box or think ill be in a diy situation here? I can probably jerry rig a 100’ line but i was hoping for this build to be less janky than my previous builds

OP
OP
drcrook

drcrook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions? Maybe i can run a heat coiled conduit line encasing the transfer lines similar to what you would see in an rv water line for northern winters. Know of anything mostly out of box or think ill be in a diy situation here? I can probably jerry rig a 100’ line but i was hoping for this build to be less janky than my previous builds
Is there a water change system that could potentially pump 12’ vertical and 40’ horizontal? I could run through ceiling instead of crawl space.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any suggestions for you. I'm in warm & sunny SW Florida and I've only seen frost here twice in 25 years... and that was only on the grass in the shadows of houses! Sorry.

Good luck with the new build.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back