New reefer and looking for advice

Der

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to this awesome hobby and have my Fluval Evo 13.5g going through a cycle. I'm on day 5 of my cycle using liverock from my lfs and live sand. Ammonia has disappeared and nitrites/nitrates have spiked! I'd like to stock it with a pair of clownfish and corals. Probably stick with softies and other beginner-friendly corals.

I've changed my aquascape from its original orientation but I think I'm having regrets... Curious what others think about the old vs new setup with regards to future coral placement, whether the clownfish will like it, and overall aesthetics. The new, current setup is the big arch.

The hand was something I 3D printed because I thought it would be a neat place to put some corals. Maybe one big torch in the palm. Or maybe smaller corals on the fingertips.

Anyways, this place has helped learn a ton so far and looking forward to feedback! Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1181.mov
    19.9 MB
  • IMG_1218.mov
    36.9 MB

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Digimes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard !!

(3) points of wisdom, take it slow, keep it simple and don't chase the parameters.

I like the setup with the hand to the right. Only issues I have seen with going down to a sub 20g tank is that some corals are predatory. Stay away from those when you have limited floor space. They can reach out from 5-8 inches when they get get big enough and attack their neighbors. Softies are good and personally I like montiporas. Your headed in the right direction and maybe look at getting a mated pair of clowns.

Attachments

• Reef 2 reef_20231005_074238_0000.png
    Reef 2 reef_20231005_074238_0000.png
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230916_145358_0000.png
    20230916_145358_0000.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 17

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to this awesome hobby and have my Fluval Evo 13.5g going through a cycle. I'm on day 5 of my cycle using liverock from my lfs and live sand. Ammonia has disappeared and nitrites/nitrates have spiked! I'd like to stock it with a pair of clownfish and corals. Probably stick with softies and other beginner-friendly corals.

I've changed my aquascape from its original orientation but I think I'm having regrets... Curious what others think about the old vs new setup with regards to future coral placement, whether the clownfish will like it, and overall aesthetics. The new, current setup is the big arch.

The hand was something I 3D printed because I thought it would be a neat place to put some corals. Maybe one big torch in the palm. Or maybe smaller corals on the fingertips.

Anyways, this place has helped learn a ton so far and looking forward to feedback! Thanks.
welcometuna.gif

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 54 65.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.8%
Back