New to Saltwater obsession

Stevenh120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks,

I am Alex from MA and absolutely new to Saltwater tanking. I've had 3 prior fresh-water tanks over the last 30 years, and after a little hiatus realized that it is finally the time for the corals and saltwater fish time. I finally have the space and the funds to enjoy the new hobby and settled on the Cade Reef 1500 S2 tank. Even though I've scouring the 'net and YouTube learning, I would really appreciate any advice on gear for this particular aquarium.

Thanks, and looking forward to enjoying this new obsession with all of you and sharing my progress as I go along.
Welcome to R2R Alex. I also run a Cade 1500 S2 tank and love it. You certainly won't be dissapointed with it.
Cheers Steve

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1698038677130.jpeg

Buckster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Alex and welcome back to the hobby and to R2R! My first tank was a 180 when I lived in MA. I had bulbs that I had to change every several months that sometimes I forgot. I now live and SC and now have a newer 180 that I use one AI 26 and two AI 32"s. I like that fact that I don't have to change out bulbs and it is great that I can program them to my needs. My first 180 had external overflows but the new 180 has internal which I really appreciate. I also have a 32 biocube which I keep smaller fish in and a 30 that is used for QT. Good luck

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2
Hello folks,

I am Alex from MA and absolutely new to Saltwater tanking. I've had 3 prior fresh-water tanks over the last 30 years, and after a little hiatus realized that it is finally the time for the corals and saltwater fish time. I finally have the space and the funds to enjoy the new hobby and settled on the Cade Reef 1500 S2 tank. Even though I've scouring the 'net and YouTube learning, I would really appreciate any advice on gear for this particular aquarium.

Thanks, and looking forward to enjoying this new obsession with all of you and sharing my progress as I go along.
Welcome to R2R! not sure if anyone has answered your question about gear... I would recommend a Apex A3 system if you have the money for it... Enjoy this new adventure! You'll have your ups and downs with the tank but you'll get through them good luck!

SlasherZ

I dunno, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks,

Hi Alex, Welcome to the forums! I've actually been looking at the Cade Reef 1500 S2 tank myself for my next venture. Would love to follow along your progress if you're up to posting a tank thread!

MaineReefer85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the Tank Progressing? You chose a great place to hand out! R2R is hands down the best place for anything Saltwater! YouTube is Super helpful also, a few of the channels I frequent is MelevsReef , ReefDudes, Tidal Gardens is a great channel for Coral info, Than is great! The Channel I listen to while working around the Tank is usually ReefBeef, them guys will make a laugh! Anyways, Best of Luck!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back