OP
P

princesuhaib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is kind of hard to tell, and I am by no means a clam expert, but it could just be from the stress of switching tanks combined with shipping. With proper care, they will be fine.

I tried to take best pic i could with the cam i got. Should the area be closed up? or open like that?

BTW which one is the crocea clam? the purple one or the blue one?

OP
OP
P

princesuhaib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should be plenty of light, you should be able to keep anything under those. I bet they will be just fine.

Great clams, best of luck with them!

When I bought my lights I made sure that I can put anything I want in the tank, and I was told those can do just that!

Can you identify what they are? one is suppose to be blue and the other purple looking into the tank.

From the Top The Purple one looks: Blue
From the Top the Blue one looks : TEAL

110reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they are both Croceas.

When I bought my lights I made sure that I can put anything I want in the tank, and I was told those can do just that!

Can you identify what they are? one is suppose to be blue and the other purple looking into the tank.

From the Top The Purple one looks: Blue
From the Top the Blue one looks : TEAL

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is kind of hard to tell, and I am by no means a clam expert, but it could just be from the stress of switching tanks combined with shipping. With proper care, they will be fine.

Crocea are known to gape more than the others also from acclimation. They are a rock boring clam so if you are going to keep it on the sand I would put a flat piece of rock buried in the sand under it also.

OP
OP
P

princesuhaib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crocea are known to gape more than the others also from acclimation. They are a rock boring clam so if you are going to keep it on the sand I would put a flat piece of rock buried in the sand under it also.

The purple one, the larger one has a rock under it and barried by the sand so it doesnt show, the other does not! are both rock boring clams?

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The purple one, the larger one has a rock under it and barried by the sand so it doesnt show, the other does not! are both rock boring clams?

If they are both crocea. Just because they are rock boring doesn't mean they will do it in the aquarium. They just prefer being on rocks more than soft sand. They are a shallow water species also.

Also with water parameters make sure your calcium is higher near the 400-450 range.

110reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could never get mine to stay up in the sand, but I put it on a rock and it has been happy ever since. X2 for putting them on rocks.

Myteemouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large Deresa and I put in oyster feast and his mouth open in 10 seconds like clockwork.. but the rest of the time it stays closed. while the MANTEL is fully extended.

Back