Nori Clip Alternative

dailygrind81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using the Two Little Fishes nori clips on each side of my tank but I find that it gets real messy with pieces of nori floating around the tank. I usually take a sheet and cut it in fours then fold those down and clip them in the morning and at night. My Melanarus Wrasse loves to pick at it and sometimes it seems like he just likes to tear pieces off for the fun of it. Has anyone used different alternative clips (netted, Nori nibbler, etc) that doesn't create as much waste and floating nori all over the tank?

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m mad ghetto. I fold the sheet in half, put one edge under the aquarium magnet, and move it where I want. Fish know to look for magnet and I don’t have to reach in tank a million times a day.

Readd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the clip as well as the two little fish pouch feeder that I got recently. The pouch feeder forces fish to take smaller bites of nori only where the holes are. After they got the holes eaten you can shake the magnet a bit to get any remaining nori to come loose.

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using the Two Little Fishes nori clips on each side of my tank but I find that it gets real messy with pieces of nori floating around the tank. I usually take a sheet and cut it in fours then fold those down and clip them in the morning and at night. My Melanarus Wrasse loves to pick at it and sometimes it seems like he just likes to tear pieces off for the fun of it. Has anyone used different alternative clips (netted, Nori nibbler, etc) that doesn't create as much waste and floating nori all over the tank?
fI you fold the sheet a couple times and then attach it to the magnet it should help prevent nori from going everywhere, it also helps with aggression between herbivores.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have the clip as well as the two little fish pouch feeder that I got recently. The pouch feeder forces fish to take smaller bites of nori only where the holes are. After they got the holes eaten you can shake the magnet a bit to get any remaining nori to come loose.
I love this magnet pouch.
I have aggressive fish - Niger trigger, Hardwicke wrasse, Bluethroat trigger, and desjardini tang.
I can fold up half a sheet of nori and squish it into the pouch and it holds up to the most aggressive bites from my meanies. I highly recommend this!

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a piece of PVC pipe that stung monofilament through. I wrap the nori around it and secure it with some of the clear screen that was left over from building my lid, and a rubber band.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use small marco rocks and rubber band quarter sheets of seaweed to each. This is how the fish graze naturally so they usually take to it like Oprah on a baked ham.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the TLF magnet, but I made my own pouches as I did not like the ones they provide. I just take some clear mesh (I use it to make my covers, so I have plenty). Cut into sizes that I want for the sheets, clip them in.

I no longer have issues with large floating pieces and more natural for the fish to pick small bits off.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made pouches out of 1/4 inch mesh and fishing line. I fold the nori then cut strips but not all the way up and attach the pouch to a clip. That way the big guys only get the strip and not the whole piece when start ripping at it.
This is probably similar to the pouch mentioned above but I'm not familiar with that one.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My go to for no mess and keeping fish busy is the Innovative Marine Gourmet grazer

1690291533578.png

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back