OP
OP
Adam Houston

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My shipment of CaribSea LifeRock came in from saltwateraquarium.com over the weekend!! Got a great deal compared to Amazon and chewy.com (also seen in picture is life rock & flat rock from my LFS Prestige Worldwide Corals)
IMG_0667.jpeg IMG_0668.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adam Houston

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up 40lbs of free Fiji rock from a local R2R’r not too long ago and finally tossed them in a bleach & water bath. I’m so stoked I will be picking up my aquascape this weekend! I plan on using some of the Fiji rock to create a series of caves for the center of my tank between the 2 arches. More updates coming soon R2R Fam!!

Attachments

• IMG_0725.jpeg
    IMG_0725.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0737.jpeg
    IMG_0737.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 40

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, dude. I've been MIA for a bit. Just dropping in to check on your progress. I know I'm late to the party, but looks good so far. Any more progress?

OP
OP
Adam Houston

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, dude. I've been MIA for a bit. Just dropping in to check on your progress. I know I'm late to the party, but looks good so far. Any more progress?
Man I’ve been MIA for a couple months myself!! My car broke down on me in July so I had to save up for a while to get a truck. I’ve definitely been using your advice along the way so I appreciate it man! Hoping to get the rest of my equipment soon so I can setup the sump and get it cycling in the near future:cool:

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man I’ve been MIA for a couple months myself!! My car broke down on me in July so I had to save up for a while to get a truck. I’ve definitely been using your advice along the way so I appreciate it man! Hoping to get the rest of my equipment soon so I can setup the sump and get it cycling in the near future:cool:
It's a long game, anyway, bud. It'll just make it that much sweeter when you finally get wet.

OP
OP
Adam Houston

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a long game, anyway, bud. It'll just make it that much sweeter when you finally get wet.
Haha dude I’m so ready to get this thing filled up! I just need some lights, powerheads, rodi unit, sand & salt but my lease is almost up so prob have to wait til I get a more permanent place. It’s def going to be sweet & unreal when I finally set it up, I’ve never had saltwater fish so I’m sure I’ll be mesmerizedo_O

cattlegirl7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha dude I’m so ready to get this thing filled up! I just need some lights, powerheads, rodi unit, sand & salt but my lease is almost up so prob have to wait til I get a more permanent place. It’s def going to be sweet & unreal when I finally set it up, I’ve never had saltwater fish so I’m sure I’ll be mesmerizedo_O
Hit Bobby up. We may have some lights or powerheads for you. If you haven't gotten them yet.

OP
OP
Adam Houston

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I contemplated selling this setup but after all the time & effort I put into the refurbishing process I really can’t give up on my dream tank. I just entered the Top Shelf giveaway so fingers crossed!! Here’s a pic of the sump area, getting ready to paint all the pvc plumbing to match the interior a bit so stay tuned:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2448.jpeg
    IMG_2448.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
Adam Houston

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally moved into a new spot where the garage gives me plenty of room to work! Tried using cerium oxide to clear up a few scratches & problem areas on the 120 but honestly after 1.5 hours I didn’t see a noticeable difference.

Attachments

• IMG_2854.jpeg
    IMG_2854.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
Adam Houston

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 2+ hours of additional polishing I was able to remove several light scratches & swirl marks. Realized at this point I’m probably a little too OCD but there is a noticeable improvement in clarity. Pics & updates coming soon:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2858.jpeg
    IMG_2858.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
Adam Houston

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally have some downtime between work and band rehearsals to put the finishing touches on this 120. Hoping to move it into my living room within the next week or two….can’t wait!

Attachments

• IMG_2864.jpeg
    IMG_2864.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
Adam Houston

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My OCD kicked in again so of course I had to spray paint the pvc & fittings with a metallic charcoal marine paint to somewhat match the topside grey on the interior of the stand & canopy. Did a touch up base coat of Behr Noir chalk paint on the exterior of the stand, canopy & doors followed by a transparent matte polyurethane top coat so we should be good to get it moved inside & begin the setup later this weekend:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3046.jpeg
    IMG_3046.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3044.jpeg
    IMG_3044.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3045.jpeg
    IMG_3045.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 3

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back