Orbit Marine 36"- 48" IC LOOP LED (4106) PAR Map

Sirlagzalott

Back at it after a 12yr hiatus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I set up a little budget side project for softies. I bought a 36" Orbit Marine IC LOOP LED (Model 4106). Although it has virtually no spread, for the price tag not too bad for what I have intended. This is over a 40g breeder (36"x 18"x 17"). The unit sits about 2-3" off the water surface. My water is overrun with microbubbles at the moment due to the HOB skimmer.

orbit par.jpg

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a little budget side project for softies. I bought a 36" Orbit Marine IC LOOP LED (Model 4106). Although it has virtually no spread, for the price tag not too bad for what I have intended. This is over a 40g breeder (36"x 18"x 17"). The unit sits about 2-3" off the water surface. My water is overrun with microbubbles at the moment due to the HOB skimmer.

orbit par.jpg
This is awesome because I’m in the process of setting up a 40B and I’m using the Orbit Marine LED’s. I ordered a second one hoping to up my par but now I’m wondering if that’s overkill. I don’t want to be limited to what corals to put in. I have a little bit of everything now in a very crowded Evo 13.

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, do you mind telling me what skimmer you are using? I just got an open box AquaMaxx 1.5 but I can’t get it over the rim of the tank.

OP
OP
Sirlagzalott

Sirlagzalott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, do you mind telling me what skimmer you are using? I just got an open box AquaMaxx 1.5 but I can’t get it over the rim of the tank.
That's the skimmer I'm using. Got it during the 50% off at BRS. It's actually pulling skimmate right out of the box. Unfortunately, its a microbubble factory as well.

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the skimmer I'm using. Got it during the 50% off at BRS. It's actually pulling skimmate right out of the box. Unfortunately, its a microbubble factory as well.
I’ve heard a lot of people mention micro bubbles but apparently it’s supposed to get better after a while. One more question - did you have to kind of force it over the rim of you tank?

Right now mine is barely hanging over the top edge but on Aqueon tanks there is another rim that the glass lids rest on. I’m wondering if the skimmer is supposed to go over that. If it just rests over the very top I’ll have to really stay on top of keeping the tank filled as high as possible.

OP
OP
Sirlagzalott

Sirlagzalott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve heard a lot of people mention micro bubbles but apparently it’s supposed to get better after a while. One more question - did you have to kind of force it over the rim of you tank?

Right now mine is barely hanging over the top edge but on Aqueon tanks there is another rim that the glass lids rest on. I’m wondering if the skimmer is supposed to go over that. If it just rests over the very top I’ll have to really stay on top of keeping the tank filled as high as possible.
I have it on an Aqueon 40 breeder. No issues getting over the rim. Crossing my fingers on the bubbles though.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back