Our 62 Gallon AIO Lagoon Build

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we have decided to venture into saltwater reef tanks. We are planning for this tank to be somewhat of a centerpiece in our living room. Because of this, we want a tank that is going to be aesthetically pleasing. Naturally, we were drawn to rimless AIO aquariums. We were looking pretty hard at the IM 50 gallon Nuvo Pro 2. We just didn’t love the stand it came with or the cost overall. So next, as a more budget friendly option, we started planning a simple 75 gallon from Aqueon/marineland with a homemade stand and sump setup, and had plans to drill it and just try to keep it having a clean look overall. However, we were struggling with finding a non tempered tank that could be drilled and we weren’t particularly thrilled with having the black trim around the tank. One day, we were visiting our LFS and saw their Tideline 62 gallon Lagoon AIO. It was a nice looking tank, rimless, fairly good price and we aren’t forced to buy a stand with it. After a week of research and debating we settled on this one and picked it up. Plans will likely include mostly soft and LPS + fish. So here is the start of our first Tideline 62 gallon Lagoon Build!

IMG_6514.png IMG_6515.png IMG_6516.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a skimmer while it was on sale at BRS. Went with the Aquamaxx WS-1. Was debating between this and a Tunze 9004, but I was a little concerned about fitment in the back chambers with the Tunze and have seen the Aquamaxx used before without issue.

Attachments

• IMG_6519.png
    IMG_6519.png
    410.9 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand build update. Pretty much all put together at this point. Now to sand, paint and add doors. We’re really wanting to try to get a modern look out of this. Really don’t want to see the wood grain. We’re planning to sand as smooth as possible, primer, sand, paint, sand, etc. until we’re content.

Attachments

• IMG_6522.jpeg
    IMG_6522.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6521.jpeg
    IMG_6521.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 32

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 65 gallon version of this tank and love it! Mines been running for about a year now. Went with the same skimmer that you are using and it works super well. Had terrible micro bubbles for months but once it settled it pulls some really really dark stuff.

OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also settled on powerheads. Two Jebao MLW-20s. Final step seems to be rock to get this thing started. Debating live vs. dry. I think we’ll end up doing dry just so we can take our time with aquascaping it exactly how we want.

Attachments

• IMG_6554.png
    IMG_6554.png
    550.7 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting close to getting water in this thing. Started working on the aquascape. We like the more minimalist look in general. Also a fan of overhangs. Trying to find a balance between minimalism and actually having enough rock in this thing. So this is where we ended today. Going to think about it for a day before settling.

Attachments

• IMG_6593.png
    IMG_6593.png
    1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6595.png
    IMG_6595.png
    782.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6594.png
    IMG_6594.png
    929.9 KB · Views: 38

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back