Our 62 Gallon AIO Lagoon Build

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting at Day 5 of the cycle. We added an ATO. Went with the Tunze Osmolator 3. Also added loc line returns with the RFG nozzles. Next up will be lighting. Currently planning on 2 Noopsyche K7 V3’s in a floating canopy that we’ll build. We want to do a floating canopy as the tank is right in our main sitting area near a TV as well so we are trying to minimize light spill and want something with a modern aesthetic.
If you don’t do a floating canopy, an alternative would be light shades. I got some printed from projects with sam. He is a member here. Love them, as the light spill in my living room was crazy. He makes them for the noop lights
IMG_1143.jpeg

OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still cycling along. Currently on day 22. We’ve been out of the country for the last week so no testing during those days. Ammonia had dropped the day before we left, but nitrites were still up. Salifert tests today showed Ammonia at 0, Nitrites still at 2-3, and Nitrates maxed out the Hanna checker at >75. Just waiting for Nitrites to zero out at this point before adding fish. Leaning towards a pair of storm clowns to start.

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still cycling along. Currently on day 22. We’ve been out of the country for the last week so no testing during those days. Ammonia had dropped the day before we left, but nitrites were still up. Salifert tests today showed Ammonia at 0, Nitrites still at 2-3, and Nitrates maxed out the Hanna checker at >75. Just waiting for Nitrites to zero out at this point before adding fish. Leaning towards a pair of storm clowns to start.
That may be the best way to avoid the impatience with cycling a new tank, just leave the country haha!!

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a skimmer while it was on sale at BRS. Went with the Aquamaxx WS-1. Was debating between this and a Tunze 9004, but I was a little concerned about fitment in the back chambers with the Tunze and have seen the Aquamaxx used before without issue.
Man you are all set with a nice tank and protein skimmer, I tried to get that skimmer but they were sold out.
Picked up a skimmer while it was on sale at BRS. Went with the Aquamaxx WS-1. Was debating between this and a Tunze 9004, but I was a little concerned about fitment in the back chambers with the Tunze and have seen the Aquamaxx used before without issue.

mnsean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey I just got that exact same tank in Feb as well! Mine didn’t level right because of the stand. How are you liking it? How’s corals doing?

Attachments

• IMG_6620.jpeg
    IMG_6620.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 11

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back