Our long tentacle anemone pulled itself up into a crack between rocks

BruceW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First it went under the rocks then it pulled itself up through the crack and has opened up through a gap in the rocks. It's foot is hanging below.

Is this ok?

The only issue I see is that it has irritated the Zoas that were in that area. I plan to move the Zoas.

image.jpeg

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it normally moves till it finds its "spot" hand a rose bubble tip that moved several times until finally settling in but had a light green with purple tips one never found a place it liked eventually had to pull it and it died in the lfs tank while being hospitalized. They know better than you where the best spot for them is as long as hes not stinging other coral should be fine i am only saying what i have been told so dont quote me :)

also have heard you can move a powerhead to blow on him and he may move again just an fyi

1. When we first got him

2. Couple days ago

20150604_175226.jpg

20150929_131109.jpg

Last edited:

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From everything I've heard and experienced the main reason for moving is partially to make sure it's foot is safe...then it goes by flow, and light....it might feel it's foot is safe...it weep continue to move until it reaches a spot it feels it has the best chance to survive...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back