OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of great tips so far from so many people, thank you everyone.
I have installed this as of now.
AutoAqua Smart Level Security (CLOSEOUT)
Next I will only put 3 gallons in my ATO contanier, not the 5 gallons it holds.
I will test out my Micron Water on the floor sensor outside, being loud enough is good blaring is bad.
As of now I am manually topping off, I do have the Tunze Nano ATO, it is new and it seems to need to break in. My original one broke, it would not pump.
I do have a new Apex I will hav my son set it up for me. That way I can put the ATO on a timer.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI I think the Tunze Nano ATO isn't nearly as trustworthy as the 3155. I've been avoiding it entirely.

OP
OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI I think the Tunze Nano ATO isn't nearly as trustworthy as the 3155. I've been avoiding it entirely. y
Funny you should say.
I just put it back on line, made sure the sump level was correct put in exactly 3 gallons in the ATO and put the Tunze Nano ATO back on line. I have the piece of Styrofoam that came between the two magnets and used that as an extra padding on the sump. 30 minutes later I keep hearing the ATO I love loud ATO pumps and I go and check it BINGO it dumped a 1/2 gallon water back in my sump. Un plugged again and going back to manual top off. Go figure.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you should say.
I just put it back on line, made sure the sump level was correct put in exactly 3 gallons in the ATO and put the Tunze Nano ATO back on line. I have the piece of Styrofoam that came between the two magnets and used that as an extra padding on the sump. 30 minutes later I keep hearing the ATO I love loud ATO pumps and I go and check it BINGO it dumped a 1/2 gallon water back in my sump. Un plugged again and going back to manual top off. Go figure.
It got destroyed in BRS reviews. Meanwhile the 3155 is pretty much the industry gold standard.

OP
OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I find funny is, if you have float switch that has metal in it and you use a magnet to hold it, does not the magnet have an ill effect of the operation of the ATO?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I find funny is, if you have float switch that has metal in it and you use a magnet to hold it, does not the magnet have an ill effect of the operation of the ATO?
The float switches are magnetic reed switches and there is a magnet inside the float so if the magnet is strong enough it can affect the float switch. I use float switches but there no magnets used in their mounting. I used Schedule 80 1/4" PVC and tapped one end for the switch to screw into it. There is also a o-ring between the switch and PVC to seal it. I bought some probe holders from Avast Marine to hold the PVC. The schedule 80 PVC is the same diameter as most of the pH and ORP probes. I use the same probe holders and PVC for the float switches on my three reservoirs low level and full float switches.

Sump Side View.jpeg

Sump Top View.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back