Pacific East visit yesterday

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Furthermore, I have two LFS that get gigs periodically, so I don't think I'd ever shop online unless the price is right. I think that's probably how you feel about having PEA so close to you.
which shops? im gonna drive up there just to snipe 'em from you :cool:

OP
OP
H

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To move this in a more positive direction : Just like to share that my Red Sea Bicinctus clowns in my main tank FINALLY laid eggs after 2 yrs of being together in the same tank .. Conditioned them in the last few months with lots of live blackworms and chopped bait squid... They laid eggs on a rock which is right in the center of 3 of the most recent Gigs I got from PEA...that whole tank is thriving ..so I guess it's time the clowns did their thing ...
see brief video :

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To move this in a more positive direction : Just like to share that my Red Sea Bicinctus clowns in my main tank FINALLY laid eggs after 2 yrs of being together in the same tank .. Conditioned them in the last few months with lots of live blackworms and chopped bait squid... They laid eggs on a rock which is right in the center of 3 of the most recent Gigs I got from PEA...that whole tank is thriving ..so I guess it's time the clowns did their thing ...
see brief video :
Okay looks like someone is hoarding all of the PEA gigs. Not fair! :face-with-open-mouth:

Just kidding. The tank looks great! The anemones look super healthy. Can you share a video that shows more of the tank? I would love to see it.

OP
OP
H

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay looks like someone is hoarding all of the PEA gigs
if u go back in the post world when I got them ..they were at PEA for quite a long time ..the "runts" at the remains of his big shipment..real small and undesireable looking online..I stopped by and he just wanted to clear out what was left -so I grabbed the 4 in a package deal...one had a bud attached to it..I treated them and all made it and began to perk up in my DT ..now they are about 4x size and growing... I'd hardly call that Hoarding .

bradleym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if u go back in the post world when I got them ..they were at PEA for quite a long time ..the "runts" at the remains of his big shipment..real small and undesireable looking online..I stopped by and he just wanted to clear out what was left -so I grabbed the 4 in a package deal...one had a bud attached to it..I treated them and all made it and began to perk up in my DT ..now they are about 4x size and growing... I'd hardly call that Hoarding .
I don't typically make a habit of trying to read a person's mind, but I think they were trying to lighten the mood with a joke. I highly doubt they have a desire to take shots at you, and make you defend your actions. I certainly don't - I think this forum is more fun if we all give each other a little grace.

That said, I do hoard anemones. When I retire, I want one of every kind, in every color (even brown) . And rocks completely covered with colonial anemones. My basement will be full of tanks, like an aquarium (you will all get free admission). And when I die, my family will mourn my passing, but they will likely shed more tears trying to find homes for all of the anemones. :upside-down-face:

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you live ? ever visit the east coast?I'm fortunate -only 50 mins away ..nice scenic ride through the Delaware/Md countryside...PEA is tucked away on a nice quiet street .. -you could easily drive right by not knowing it was there at all..
I thought I was driving to someone's house the first time I went.

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
see brief video :
What lighting are you using? Looks like metal halide from the video. Beautiful!

OP
OP
H

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lighting are you using? Looks like metal halide from the video. Beautiful!
Radion xr30's 100% intensity 100% on all channels ...gives a nice white 12k look.The gen 4's are the best (I have) because the white/ blue balance of the led's mimics halides , IMO

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back