Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul- you see this WiFi connection fix?

I put up the thread after my power cut, and have been tagging Neptune people every 12 hours for the past 5 days in 4-5 threads in order to prompt a fix

Someone went to their booth af MACNA and got a fix from them.

Don’t know why they couldn’t have responded in your earlier thread, or mine, or the other 4 but whatever.

Basically set dchp to off and have controller ask for a high io number eg ***.**.*.255

I’m going to try later today.

Oh this is great! Thanks for the legwork, I posted this and my other problem on the Neptune forum with NO RESPONSE. I think my next contract day of work, I’ll be putting it towards a profilux. I’m just not impressed. I don’t want to harp on this because I don’t like the attention but as you and I have already discussed several times- it’s great when it works and it works every time I’m home but then I go away and have NO ACCESS because it randomly decides to f with me. Unacceptable. Anyhow

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone remind me to do it all by hand (as I currently do) and not get a controller! ;)
I guess you don’t like vacations, or work away from home?

Sometimes it’s unavoidable.

Thing is though- I don’t have it controlling essential functions, but I still like to know it’s collecting data and ‘working’. Hard to do when it’s failing to connect to the internet

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you don’t like vacations, or work away from home?

Sometimes it’s unavoidable.

Thing is though- I don’t have it controlling essential functions, but I still like to know it’s collecting data and ‘working’. Hard to do when it’s failing to connect to the internet

I have a medical condition that I deal with and no, I don't do vacations! ;)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@neilp2006 you are now on on ignore so no point responding, your grasp of "British" politics appears to be lacking, yes I am English and proud, without England supporting them they might well struggle, you sir just over stepped the mark!

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a medical condition that I deal with and no, I don't do vacations! ;)
@neilp2006 you are now on on ignore so no point responding, your grasp of "British" politics appears to be lacking, yes I am English and proud, without England supporting them they might well struggle, you sir just over stepped the mark!

I so hope you are joking, and my sleep deprived brain is parsing this incorrectly. If so- well played. Your sarcasm beat mine.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh this is great! Thanks for the legwork, I posted this and my other problem on the Neptune forum with NO RESPONSE. I think my next contract day of work, I’ll be putting it towards a profilux. I’m just not impressed. I don’t want to harp on this because I don’t like the attention but as you and I have already discussed several times- it’s great when it works and it works every time I’m home but then I go away and have NO ACCESS because it randomly decides to f with me. Unacceptable. Anyhow

Ok, just tested it. THIS SEEMS TO WORK

I redid the connection details in the classic dashboard, unplugged the router, went downstairs, unplugged the aquabus, waited 5 seconds, plugged it back in, ran upstairs, plugged in router and in 2 minutes got a stable dashboard connection via up. Fusion took 10 minutes to connect but it works.

Now, only issue is: my return pump fallbackbis set to ON. When I unplugged the aquabus, it stayed on. But 1 minute after plugging it back in, my return pump turned off, then started up again once the water flow stopped. It’s on outlet 3- maybe the trialc turns off/on momentarily while the head unit reconnects?

I’ll try again later after I switch the return pump to outlet 4- mechanical relay.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@najer meet @neilp2006. Neil is English, or actually Welsh I believe. Hence the welsh guys are reliable joke. He does not have a mean bone in his body but hes got a lot of sarcastic ones...lol. xo
Well, he might have 1 mean bone and it might be his femur and he might swing it like a club, occassionally, but he is a great guy.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tiny update: after the reboot of the sump and more motivation, my parameters were all out of wack. Shortly after bringing the system back online, water parameters were:
Salinity 1.026
Nitrate 15
Phosphate .17
Calcium 300
Alkalinity 6.1

Over the last week, I’ve been bringing them back to where they should be. As of this morning, tank parameters are
Salinity 1.026
Nitrate 15
Phosphates .15
Calcium 402
Alkalinity 8.7

Still working on bringing calcium up to 430ish. As a result, I’m starting to see some tissue coming back on the stylos and some brown tissue reappear on the acro. I will take some photos a bit later as I’m currently scrubbing the skimmer pump.

The VarioS 6S kicker up an error where the 15min and 60min lights were blinking in the controller. Apparently, this is due the impeller not spinning freely. I took it apart and found quite a bit of schmoo and set it to sit in a diluted vinegar bath.

I’m tempted to take a ride out to the LFS and “look around” again.

Bad news, I mysteriously lost an algae blenny last night. Not sure what happened as all parameters are in line but I do have a hermit crab that has grown rather large. Are these known to hunt small fish or are they rather passive?

-Paul

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry @neilp2006! I had to do it. Guess!
84B98943-591D-4A53-8692-EF89C38F0310.jpeg

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my skimmer pump is down for the count. The VarioS6 S seems to display the “15 Min” and “60 Min” LED which is an error code. The impeller isn’t spinning, even after a good cleaning. It just vibrates and gets spinning then immediately stops. I’ll contact Reef Octopus and see what can be done.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back