Pay movers to move large tank?

Burburuzan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since your post, but I wanted to offer some insight. Hey @reef! Congrats on successfully moving your 270g aquarium!
Moving a large aquarium like a 240g tank can be a tricky task. While the buddy pizza and beer method can work for smaller tanks, for something as big as yours, it might be safer to hire a professional moving company.
A reputable Flyttefirma can provide the expertise and equipment needed to safely move your aquarium into your home or within your home. They'll have experience handling large and fragile items like aquariums, ensuring that your tank arrives at its destination without any damage.
Professional movers can also help with any additional equipment or accessories you have for your aquarium, making the entire process much smoother.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rwreef

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since your post, but I wanted to offer some insight. Hey @reef! Congrats on successfully moving your 270g aquarium!
Moving a large aquarium like a 240g tank can be a tricky task. While the buddy pizza and beer method can work for smaller tanks, for something as big as yours, it might be safer to hire a professional moving company.
For me it ended up being the buddy and beer method. I planned a lot and it went very well during the move of my 270g aquarium. The issue I ran into was moving companies wanting to do a job this small and not charge an insanely high price. At the end of the day it came down to some strong friends and lots of planning. After I was done I was happy I did not pay someone since it was so easy. Granted my access into my house and the planning were key to the success.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back