View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
BETTER TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE!

H
APPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Help us celebrate Kent’s Birthday!!
April 27, 2024 he turns 56 (yep older than dirt). What does he want for his birthday?

Peace and goodwill to everyone!!

Yep he is so noble.

Actually he wants orders, lots of orders. So to make this happen @Ocean_Queenie has decided to give gifts to all of our customers, and a discount on all orders.

SAVE 15% OFF
ORDER TOTAL
NO CODE NEEDED

PLUS SPEND OVER $56 AND RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!!
Make any purchase no minimum required before Monday 4/29/2024 and you will receive a free gift as we unveil a new and exciting offering (not product).

If your order is over $56 you will receive not only this gift, but also a bonus product of our choice. What will this be?

We will prepare additional products throughout our entire product offerings and randomly choose one to add to your package. These will include everything from an 8 Oz Phyto Buffet to a Gallon of Titanic Copepod Buffet. Bonus gifts will not necessarily be determined by purchase size, but due to shipping costs it is unlikely that a smaller purchase would receive a Gallon of product as the shipping could exceed the purchase price. However each gift will be a nice addition to any aquarium.

www.reefbysteele.com

THANK YOU REEF2REEF COMMUNITY

We Got Your Reef!

SO ORDER NOW AND EXPERIENCE THE STEELE ADVANTAGE.

www.reefbysteele.com

Want to culture your own phytoplankton and/or copepods?
We have a culturing kit for you. Ready to go upon arrival, you supply an air pump and fresh saltwater, then you can be set up and running same day.

Get the basic set up (active vessels) or the harvest ready double pack (active vessels plus back up vessels for Harvest/Split day.

What is included in The kit?

1 gallon glass jar w/plastic lid w/liner seal pre-drilled for input line and vent - rigid air line, 5’ airline for each active vessel, check valve and air adjustment valve for each vessel.

Also includes:
16 Oz phyto starter 1 or 2 depending on kit
16 Oz pods your choice
8 Oz Guillards F/2
8 Oz of Silicate for Diatom.
Email with instruction and tips
Personal service after the sale to help you succeed!

$69.99
Single Vessel Kit
Includes your choice of 16 Oz Phytoplankton Starter and 8 Oz F/2 or 16 Oz Copepod Starter
$89.99
Single Vessel Kit as above Plus extra vessel for easy harvest

$74.99
Single Vessel Kit Diatom
Includes your choice of 16 Oz Diatom Phytoplankton Starter and 8 Oz F/2 and 8 Oz Silicate
$94.99
Single Vessel Kit as above Plus extra vessel for easy harvest

$99.99
Double Vessel Kit
Includes your choice of 16 Oz Phytoplankton Starter and 8 Oz F/2 and 16 Oz Copepod Starter
$149.99
Double Vessel Kit as above Plus 2 extra vessels for easy harvest

$104.99
Single Vessel Kit Diatom
Includes your choice of 16 Oz Diatom Phytoplankton Starter and 8 Oz F/2 and 8 Oz Silicate and 16 Oz Copepod Starter
$159.99
Double Vessel Kit as above Plus 2 extra vessels for easy harvest

$159.99
Triple Vessel Kit
Includes your choice of 2 16 Oz Phytoplankton Starters and 8 Oz F/2 and 16 Oz Copepod Starter
$239.99
Triple Vessel Kit as above Plus 3 extra vessels for easy harvest

$164.99
Triple Vessel Kit Diatom
Includes your choice of 1 16 Oz Diatom Phytoplankton Starter, 1 16 Oz Phytoplankton starter and 16 Oz F/2 and 8 Oz Silicate and 16 Oz Copepod Starter
$244.99

$169.99
Triple Vessel Kit 2 diatoms
Includes your choice of 2 16 Oz Diatom Phytoplankton Starter and 16 Oz F/2 and 16 Oz Silicate and 16 Oz Copepod Starter
$249.99

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CULTURE KITS

Thanks Kent & Sherry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are so excited to launch this new offer. Check us out here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are so excited to announce the launch of our Website. @Ocean_Queenie and I have invested a lot of time and effort in the preparations. We still need to add some photos and updated photos. Please let us know what you think and any suggestions.

And we have added FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING OVER $50 when purchased from the website. Get your pods faster.

www.reefbysteele.com

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are so excited to announce the launch of our Website. @Ocean_Queenie and I have invested a lot of time and effort in the preparations. We still need to add some photos and updated photos. Please let us know what you think and any suggestions.

And TODAY ONLY UNTIL MIDNIGHT place a first time order with us here or on our website and receive a discount code for 10% OFF your next order.

www.reefbysteele.com

And we have added FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING OVER $50 when purchased from the website. Get your pods faster.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Ocean_Queenie and I are so grateful to all our friends and customers in Reef2Reef. Great week of sales, but even more importantly is the number of people who have reached out asking about my shoulder and wishing us luck. Thanks all.
We can still take orders at www.reefbysteele.com for 2 day shipping for tomorrow. Then everything else will have to ship next week. First time customers receive a coupon code for 10% off your next order.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Ocean_Queenie got her cultures going last night. We are experimenting so we can make the best suggestions. She started with a Top Fin air pump designed for a 20 gallon aquarium and it seemed to be enough for both phyto cultures to roil, and small stream of bubbles for pods. However this morning there was no air flow in the second phyto culture so I switched to a 40 gallon recommended Top Fin air pump and will reevaluate later.

Small change, as we were preparing to set up, Sherry asked what the pinkish red phyto was, and so since she loves pink, we switched to Rhodosomas salinas for her second culture. This is the one deprived of air for part of the night last night so we will keep an eye on it. Note that the Rhodo culture is set farther from the lights as it wants to be eased into full light over a few days. Here is what the setup looks like. Sherry is excited and says if she can do it, anybody can.

IMG_6446.jpeg

Check them out here.

reefbysteele.com

Plankton Culturing Kits

Everything you need for culturing except Saltwater and an air pump!
reefbysteele.com

Or check out the new website
www.reefbysteele.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Ocean_Queenie is checking her cultures and they are growing. Still a little worried about the Rhodosomas salinas as it didn’t have flow the first night. But it appears to be in suspension so might be OK. Still a day or so before she is supposed to move them closer to the lights.

Last night I sieved and reset one of our pod collections. Tigriopus, Tisbe, and Apocyclops are all ready to go. Awesome density. They are literally mowing through the phyto, hungry pods are healthy pods.

IMG_6456.jpeg

Just a little look at some of them.

Visit www.reefbysteele.com to order or PM us here with questions.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Ocean_Queenie is checking her cultures and they are growing. Still a little worried about the Rhodosomas salinas as it didn’t have flow the first night. But it appears to be in suspension so might be OK. I think she will wait until tomorrow to move closer to the lights.

We are going to have a great harvest this week. Place your orders soon at www.reefbysteele.com soon to get yours reserved. FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING on orders over $50. And our customer satisfaction guarantee is your assurance of receiving great quality.

Use code R2RLOVEPODS for 10% OFF.

Check out these Tigs

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
IMG_6014.jpeg

Deep rich 10 species phyto for healthy reef. We have a dense population of pods this week. Get our Plankton Buffet and give your reef ALL IT CAN EAT!

Use R2RLOVEPODS coupon code for 10% OFF.

www.reefbysteele.com

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So @Ocean_Queenie has had her culture going for 7 day now and it is looking really good. Not quotes done, but with losing air to her Rhodosomas on the first night she is super pleased. Here is what it is looking like now.

IMG_6483.jpeg

Notice the pod water is really light, so she poured a little water through a sieve and man was she impressed with the number of Apocyclops pods she has grown. She added them back and added a little more phyto. And this is what it looks like with the lights on.

IMG_6492.jpeg

Notice how much lighter the phyto looks when lit. You have to turn the lights off to check it as you can see how dark it is in the first picture. She is going to split and restart her phyto when we get back from picking up our daughter from school.

Here is a peek at her pods.

Place your orders soon at

www.reefbysteele.com.

Save 10% and FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING over $50 and FREE PRIORITY MAIL over $25.

Use coupon code R2RLOVEPODS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So the debate is on, does @Ocean_Queenie keep her phyto she harvests to dose to a tank? She will have to keep a portion to feed her Apocyclops copepods because she has decided to keep her cultures going. So please give us your vote in the comments!!

Does my wife

A. Sell her phytoplankton?

B. Give it away as a gift with purchase?

C. Use it to dose our Red Sea 350?

D. Evaporate it and make some health/nutrition product?

www.reefbysteele.com
Coupon R2RLOVEPODS for 10% OFF

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We have about 2 gallons of pods and 4 gallons of phyto that could be shipped Monday.

Here are a couple of examples of what our customers are saying about us. Thank you so much.

IMG_6503.jpeg

IMG_6505.jpeg

Remember to use COUPON CODE - R2RLOVEPODS at check out for 10% OFF

www.reefbysteele.com

FREE SHIPPING AT $25
FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING AT $50

A little secret, our Black Friday Sale will offer bonus discounts for customers who have purchased from the website before the sale starts.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We still have pods and phyto that can ship tomorrow or Wednesday (with FREE orders over $50 or paid 2 Day service). We have extended our sale through midnight. Use coupon code R2RLOVEPODS and take 10% off your entire order. These bottles are packed with life for your fish and reef.

@Ocean_Queenie really got after it today and everything was wrapped so nice. Thanks honey.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Here is a look at what we shipped this week. We have extended our 10% discount until 12 noon tomorrow. Our pods are great and our phytoplankton is super rich and nutritious. Use R2RLOVEPODS for 10% off your order. FREE 2 DAY shipping over $50 or paid 2 Day will ship today or Wednesday.

Teeming with life.

IMG_6509.jpeg

And the phytoplankton is dark and rich.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hey everyone, check out our newest perk!!

FREE OVERNIGHT DELIVERY on orders over $200. Modest prices to add it to smaller orders. Need it now, you can get it now.

Take note, yes BLACK FRIDAY AND CYBER MONDAY are coming, but don’t wait to order as (don’t tell anyone it’s a secret) we will be offering additional savings and bonuses to returning customers.

@Ocean_Queenie says get your POD BUFFET today.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
IMG_6528.jpeg

Phytoplankton is really coming in strong. Our pods are clearing phyto from their cultures almost faster than I can add it. This indicates dense populations and healthy pods. We are set and ready to ship this week in the cold. Insulated boxes, heat packs and we are ready.

@Ocean_Queenie says get your POD BUFFET today and to check out our newest perk!! At www.reefbysteele.com.

FREE OVERNIGHT DELIVERY on orders over $200. Modest prices to add it to smaller orders. Need it now, you can get it now.

Take note, yes BLACK FRIDAY AND CYBER MONDAY are coming, but don’t wait to order as (don’t tell anyone it’s a secret) we will be offering additional savings and bonuses to returning customers.

And as always, you satisfaction is not only guaranteed, but it is our priority.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are prepping for harvest and getting all of our packaging in order. Place your orders today so you can have your buffet and your fish can feast.

@Ocean_Queenie says get your POD BUFFET today and to check out our newest perk!! At www.reefbysteele.com.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We have had a great harvest, pictures and video to come, but have to get our daughter from school first.

As always we harvest extra to cover Tuesday & Wednesday last minute orders. Cut off for standard shipping is 5:00 AM Tuesday, 5:00 AM Wednesday for 2 DAY and 5:00 AM Thursday for overnight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
KICKING OFF OUR THANKSGIVING SALES!!

While supplies last we are having a

SCRATCH AND DENT SALE
What???
A couple of weeks before my surgery I got a commitment from my favorite LFS to stock our products. I bought a mini fridge and loaded up a ton of Pods and Phyto with the understanding that I would replenish whenever they sold out or replace if the product sat too long. Long story short, it was more successful than the owner realized but he didn’t have time to respond to me and so we decided to pick up the product. In the larger bottles there were live pods after 6 weeks (definitely not as many as started (not even close) but enough to strain and treat our tanks to a snack. The bottles we used got scuffed during transport to and from, so @Ocean_Queenie refused to let me reuse them. Not wanting to just waste them here is the deal. We have 10 - 1/2 gallon containers, 30 - 32 Oz containers and 6 - 16 Oz containers so we are going to pair them up
WHILE SUPPLIES LAST and sell Titanic Pod Buffet and Phyto Buffet 2 packs one of each at a huge discount. Starting with:
3 - 16 Oz pack Reg $54 now
$39.
15 - 32 Oz pack Reg $94 now $69.
5 - 64 Oz pack Reg $159 now $119.

All bottles have been cleaned and sterilized, they are just lightly scratched up.

Shop now, while they last

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back