Please help! Bubble formed around clownfish eye.

Thorne19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish has some sort of “bubble” around eye. Literally popped up over night. Does anyone know what it is or how to treat? It is a very new tank. Almost two months old. I have two clowns and two Zoas in the tank. I added the first few hermits and snails yesterday. Worried they brought something into the tank…. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

IMG_0670.jpeg IMG_0671.jpeg IMG_0666.jpeg

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cold you post clearer pictures under whiter light? It’s hard to really make out, but could be popeye which is an infection usually brought about from injury.

OP
OP
Thorne19

Thorne19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cold you post clearer pictures under whiter light? It’s hard to really make out, but could be popeye which is an infection usually brought about from injury.
I posted a lil better one. It’s tough to get a good pic because he is on a he move. Acting normally by the way. Ate this morning like normal also

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a lil better one. It’s tough to get a good pic because he is on a he move. Acting normally by the way. Ate this morning like normal also
I would guess he bumped into something which is nothing to worry about but maybe someone more knowledgeable than me will give better advice

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Clownfish has some sort of “bubble” around eye. Literally popped up over night. Does anyone know what it is or how to treat? It is a very new tank. Almost two months old. I have two clowns and two Zoas in the tank. I added the first few hermits and snails yesterday. Worried they brought something into the tank…. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

IMG_0670.jpeg IMG_0671.jpeg IMG_0666.jpeg
May have stemmed from injury… too much light or similar but appears to Bev retina damage
You can try Maracyn, not Maracyn oxy which it may or may not respond to

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What I would appreciate is a clearer picture if possible - though I know it's hard. I Can't see the 'bubble'. In the meantime - can you give more history - how old (how long have you had the fish), other tank mates? affects only one eye? your parameters? Agree that injury would be the most common. Did you QT the fish originally with copper/prazipro? Any other symptoms (it sounds like not)?

OP
OP
Thorne19

Thorne19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would appreciate is a clearer picture if possible - though I know it's hard. I Can't see the 'bubble'. In the meantime - can you give more history - how old (how long have you had the fish), other tank mates? affects only one eye? your parameters? Agree that injury would be the most common. Did you QT the fish originally with copper/prazipro? Any other symptoms (it sounds like not)?
I can attempt for a clearer picture when I get home in a few. I’ve had the fish for a little over a week. Only one other clown, two small Zoa and a handful of hermits and snail. I did not QT. I don’t have one set up yet and he was the first fish that I added. No other symptoms, acting completely normal

Ph 7.8
Amm 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20 (before todays water change)

OP
OP
Thorne19

Thorne19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can attempt for a clearer picture when I get home in a few. I’ve had the fish for a little over a week. Only one other clown, two small Zoa and a handful of hermits and snail. I did not QT. I don’t have one set up yet and he was the first fish that I added. No other symptoms, acting completely normal

Ph 7.8
Amm 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20 (before todays water change)
Salinity 1.025

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
How would I know if it’s too much light?
Reduce percentage of white and increase blue then increase until desired PAR or intensity

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back