OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeovit has its own amino acids why would you add this?

It's two different mind sets as far as coral husbandry.

You right that's a serious question.
Well, I gave you an answer!

Someone dropped of a bottle last night after Church and will connect it to our grow out system this afternoon when I drop by at the shop.
Will shoot some pics and will record daily dossing's as we go.

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use two different amino I use red sea reef energy Mon wends Fri and ap the other days I do this because of my chalices I used red sea first and notice a big difference in color and growth in my lps but not as much for my sps but now that I'm using ap and red sea together I have great results in both sps and lps .

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use two different amino I use red sea reef energy Mon wends Fri and ap the other days I do this because of my chalices I used red sea first and notice a big difference in color and growth in my lps but not as much for my sps but now that I'm using ap and red sea together I have great results in both sps and lps .

Is Red Sea specifically for LPS corals or do you feel it just favors them more than SPS?

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How come everytime these commercial food threads come up no one has before/after pics? Just like that article..................you'd think if they spent 6 months testing a product that they'd be responsible enough to track with pictures. This product has been out for over a year with little interest and now it's the best thing since sliced bread.

I'm not specifically indicting Acro Power, but it seems like all the manufacturers of these food products fail to "prove" with pics, that their products work.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, it's easy to make a crappie picture and than 5min later a better picture but photo shopped.
We all can see the difference, sometimes you have to believe them on their word.
But it's a really good point.
I can put up some before pics but that's not doing much as my corals already look good.
And the point of this hobby is to be open for other options with better or in my case same results but less time spend maintaining but enjoying
my tank when I'll be home.
One positive point I like about this product is that you can set it up with a dosing pump and if the results are the same, well you got a win/win deal on your hand.

Some before pics,

Attachments

• dieseltank6.jpg
    dieseltank6.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 952
  • dieseltank4.jpg
    dieseltank4.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 955
  • dieseltank3.jpg
    dieseltank3.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 939
  • dieseltank2.jpg
    dieseltank2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 978
  • 20130328_3280260_BenVand.jpg
    20130328_3280260_BenVand.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 939
OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
few more..........

Attachments

• 20130328_3280258_BenVand.jpg
    20130328_3280258_BenVand.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 918
  • 20130328_3280257_BenVand.jpg
    20130328_3280257_BenVand.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 932
  • DT6.jpg
    DT6.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 942

whixley101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be posting before and after pictures at the three month mark. Fifty four days until the first quarter mark.

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine depot was sold out.. I found on amazon through Big Als

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh.. didn't seem bad to me.. shipped for $15... especially since this is just to try... if I like it I will get a big container

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order and will see how it goes- I was very impressed with Elos AA and their pro skimmer when it came out and if it does anything remotely close to what it claims I'll be more than happy-

All my acros are *****

Hey Diesel, I thought you said you were going to post pictures of corals that were good looking, where did you find those turd pics :scared:

:tongue: Just kidding brother those look awesome, I hope all them uglies you got from me are doing well, and what the heck is this I read, you have a 2000 gallon FRAG system :faint2:

Once I get my stuff I'll post up some before pics and monitor progress , I'm more interested in how this will play out on my acans which are housed in their own 60 gallon cube.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order and will see how it goes- I was very impressed with Elos AA and their pro skimmer when it came out and if it does anything remotely close to what it claims I'll be more than happy-

All my acros are *****

Hey Diesel, I thought you said you were going to post pictures of corals that were good looking, where did you find those turd pics :scared:

:tongue: Just kidding brother those look awesome, I hope all them uglies you got from me are doing well, and what the heck is this I read, you have a 2000 gallon FRAG system :faint2:

Once I get my stuff I'll post up some before pics and monitor progress , I'm more interested in how this will play out on my acans which are housed in their own 60 gallon cube.

Yep, a buddy and me stuck our heads together and we did set up some large frag tanks.
Will put up some pics soon, nothing fancy but we try to grow out corals that he and I have in our own systems.
It will be long process but hey nothing happens fast in this hobby other than tank crashes.
Ad yes your frags doing good, growing nicely and have good color too.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back