Power-up your Acro's..........

K_red_raider

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose Zevoit daily but will be watching to see how this stuff compares. If it is only $8 per bottle that would be a lot cheaper than Zevoit

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if it might be good for LPS too...?

EDIT: Oops, that was already talked about, lol!

Last edited:

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about dosing it.

If you dose once or several times per day, how much is your skimmer and carbon etc....taking out the additives you just put in ?
Is it better to add this and not,... run the skimmer, carbon etc.. for a period of time so the corals can utilities the additives ?

whixley101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose it 8ml four times a day. I still leave everything, skimmers ect, running. I also have two 60 gallon sumps and I dose in the sump without the skimmer.

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 250ml bottle will be coming in from Drs. Foster and Smith on Saturday. I will post pictures once I get it.

I guess it would be wise to post some before photos of my SPS on day one of dosing.. Color is pretty pitiful right now.

TheSaint216

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing 1 time a week as directions indicate. Here's 2 pics of two random sps. I will take another pic on 2/4/2014. We should probably also add what our parameters are and how often we do water changes. I'm using a single AI Vega.

Alk 9
Cal 450
Mag 1400

Oregon Tort

Tri Color

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1388778845.334757.jpg

It came in! Frozen solid though! Holy Smokes!

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 hours later... Still frozen. I'm hoping it's thawed tonight in time to add to my system.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been 3 days and nothing!!! This product sucks!! :)
Only joking, for now;) I dosed 20mls into my tank a few days ago. What effects am I looking for? I do have a few stubborn acros that have been dormant for months, I also have colorful growing acros. So far I don't notice a difference in anything. If my dormant acros start growing or coloring more in the next month I am a believer. We'll see

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered my bottle. Itll be here mon. How much should i dose in an sps dominant 40B with 29 gal sump? And how often

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the bottle it gives you direction's,
5ml per 94.6 L/25 gallons once a week or dose daily that what I did.
My dosing is 6ml per day total, through a dosing unit 3x2ml, that gives me 42ml a week for my 202 gallon tank.
I never ad the volume of my sump to it as it equals out with the LR in my tank.

The frag/grow out system gets 60ml a day as in 20 dosing's of 3ml each.
I have seen a little improvement on the LPS but not yet on the SPS.

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dosing is 6ml per day total, through a dosing unit 3x2ml, that gives me 42ml a week for my 202 gallon tank.

Thank you

afernandez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How long have you been dosing the product.. Just curious

And has anyone used this product for at least a month with some improvement on their Sps? ( dosent have to be "amazing" or "dazzle" improvement )
Just interested to see if users are actually getting some Improvement...pls be honest from one reefer to another

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been dosing the product.. Just curious

And has anyone used this product for at least a month with some improvement on their Sps? ( dosent have to be "amazing" or "dazzle" improvement )
Just interested to see if users are actually getting some Improvement...pls be honest from one reefer to another

One week on DT and two weeks on grow out frag system.

Just a note that Acropower is not some kind of wonder juice for corals.
You still need to have the ultimate water quality for corals and especially SPS can be tricky.
Low PO4 around 0.08 or even lower, I have it around 0.03.
ALK. CAL, MAG and K dosing.
Light and flow quality is a big factor too.
And not to forget placing the coral at a level that it feels home.
If you got all these factors in place you will see improvements but if you're off on this you can dose gallons of Acropower in your system and it doesn't do a darn thing other than exercise your skimmer.
Some hobbyist let their fish do the dosing for them and their tanks are awesome.
It's all about finding the balance and stick with it, and some times that can cost you a lot of $$$$.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You still need to have the ultimate water quality for corals and especially SPS can be tricky.
If you got all these factors in place you will see improvements but if you're off on this you can dose gallons of Acropower in your system and it doesn't do a darn thing other than exercise your skimmer.
Some hobbyist let their fish do the dosing for them and their tanks are awesome.
It's all about finding the balance and stick with it, and some times that can cost you a lot of $$$$.

Hmm that reads a little different than the rave review I saw- I already have happy sticks so we will see-

I really was more interested in how this would help my acans since what I read mentioned its magical wonders helped every coral (I think I may have read it could help in world hunger too-J/K of course).

Ben have you seen ANY change in the short time you've used it on the frag system, I realize 2 weeks is such a short time I wouldn't expect any but I will also add that in my frag tank I noticed a difference in 24 hours by just adding the WP40 and I can swear that has helped coral growth -not to go off topic but merely add an example.

Thanks for the update too!

afernandez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not for nothing but that's generally understood..that's y I asked if anyone has seen a change .
If your keeping Sps parameters have to be stable. I'm not looking for a "magical potion"
I've read so much "crap" about AA's and how much is necessary and needed according to the product being marketed
Honestly I've tried AA's once a few years ago never saw a diffrence and never dosed it again and I've been fine without it.

So where I'm getting at is : given your tank & parameters are stable everything is "good" ...when you started dosing AA's have you seen an
Improvement in your corals (polyp extension /growth/ coloration)

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my DT I still use full ZEO as of little more than a year but I started dosing AP a week ago only 6ml a day and didn't see any improvements yet.
As AP is manly a amino acids I'm sure it will help long term.

Now on the Grow out system I see good PE on almost all corals.
SPS are a bit of color due to a PO4 spike but LPS are going crazy as in all the Acans, chalices with deep color.
If I have time I'll see if I can snap some pics tomorrow and post.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back