OP
OP
Arkayology

Arkayology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo updates! I got an order from Battlecorals a couple days ago. I received PC superman, red robin, raindrops on roses milli, and pink lemonade.

Red robin
IMG_3371.jpg

PC superman. I tried to use photoshop to get the blue tips to come out more but I can't really use photoshop well. At least you all can trust the colors I get on my corals lol
IMG_3364.jpg

Pink Lemonade, very fuzzy. It's always been one of my favorite corals. I was sad when I lost my colony in my 60g - very happy to have it again.
IMG_3370.jpg

Raindrops on roses milli - I think this one is going to fight with me to color up.
IMG_3368.jpg

Right side
IMG_3374.jpg

Left side
IMG_3375.jpg

FTS
IMG_3373.jpg

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!! :)

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arkayology one of the nicest and healthy sps tank so far, and thanks to prove again that sps can be cultivated in small tanks (less than 65 gal), any suggestions for a newbie that is just cycling? Thks and congrats again!!!!!

OP
OP
Arkayology

Arkayology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!! :)
Thank you!

Arkayology one of the nicest and healthy sps tank so far, and thanks to prove again that sps can be cultivated in small tanks (less than 65 gal), any suggestions for a newbie that is just cycling? Thks and congrats again!!!!!
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I would suggest buying the best equipment you can the first time and not trying to skimp. Make sure you have everything you need from the get go to help maintain a stable environment for your SPS - a quality RO/DI maker, a doser/CaRx, good flow, and good lighting. Once the system stabilizes you will see results. Don't go looking for quick fixes in magic bottles or dosing this or that. Let me know if you need any advice down the road.

great looking tank.
Thank you!! :)

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow incredible! Inspiration!
I have nearly the same setup and equipment as you except I have a Radion gen 3 pro.
Three months and still nothing really happening.

Somewhere in your thread you said something about an Sps adjusting or taking to the T5s....what was it under before?

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is...
the pearlberry. It is one of the corals that has taken really well to the T5s - all of the branches on the left side of the pic are growth since the sunpower was put above the tank

spacetime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you've switched to t5s but I'm curious as to what your radion schedule was? I have a 30g zeovit and about to hook up a radion myself. Thanks!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful reef!

OP
OP
Arkayology

Arkayology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking back on this thread I remember how awesome this tank was. I hope to have another build starting in the next year.
Well, next year has turned into 5 years lol. But... soon..... maybe? I'm out of grad school and now have a real income and some stability. I'm shopping around for a 75-100g tank atm. Not sure what i want yet. Maybe an IM Nuvo INT 75?

Last edited:

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, next year has turned into 5 years lol. But... soon..... maybe? I'm out of grad school and now have a real income and some stability. I'm shopping around for a 75-100g tank atm. Not sure what i want yet. Maybe an IM Nuvo INT 75?
Can't wait to see if you end up getting a new tank again!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back