OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not exactly, my pumps work as left ramps up from 0 to 75% over an hour time, stays at 75% for an hour then ramps down for an hour to 0, stays at 0 for an hour then repeats. Right does the exact opposite. I couldn't get a ramp option with gyres so got rid of them but really liked the wide flow I can't get anywhere else.

F7FE1CCA-E3FE-4A2F-BDD2-F41DFB5C9BEA.jpeg

Sounds like it is ramping or do you mean is there away to set a min speed so it never goes to zero which is off?
So on that same page I linked to it talks about speed range.. You can set a minimum and a maximum speed range. So if you want it to cycle between 40 and 80 percent you can.

The Maxspect Connect can do the same If I remember correctly.. I have not set one up in a while..
It can run the gyre through wireless if your Gyres have a advanced controller on it. Easy to use too. At one point I was using one to control two gyres on one tank and two more on another tank and a Maxspect Duo pump..
Basically the Maxpect connect allows you to use a app called Syna-G on your phone to control your gyres through wireless. Not as powerful as the WaveEngine nor does it eliminate cords or Controllers. Not sure it is available anymore..

Last edited:

Nzac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is my current wavs, When I had the advanced controller there was no way to ramp, I could alternate but that's really it unless it was in one of the random modes where it would ramp randomly between low and high

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you need to know?
Mine still works good, no issues yet.
I had it email me it disconnected from the cloud twice. Once was probably a internet outage and once I believe They were working on updating the cloud.
At this moment mine is only running two pumps because I am redoing one of the tanks.
I also know they are working on some updates to the unit to make it even easier to set up but I am not sure I can say anything yet on what that is. This seems to be a product Coralvue is really committed to and making it better.

I hope they add the Gyres pump to this since I have a one of them. I got a feeling they will.

For me it really is a great product when you have a system like mine that has 7 aquariums. All have their own heaters and circulation pumps. That is allot of cords..

They added a real nice web site with videos to help people set them up.

I am going to pick up another for my reefer 250 and get rid of my apex or move it to another tank.

I waiting to see how in integrates with their new full tank controller.
If it disconnects from wifi, it will still keep the pumps on correct? Similar to apex fallback options or if it losses internet connection.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it disconnects from wifi, it will still keep the pumps on correct? Similar to apex fallback options or if it losses internet connection.

Yes...
I have had the WE disconnect from either WiFi or internet and I will also get a alert message also from the cloud telling me I am disconnected.

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a WaveEngine for a test tank with 2 XF350 Gyres, OctoPulse 4, and Varios6 (0-10v) return pump. I also plan on using the 0-10v for controlling the Aquatic Life DX18 Dimmable T5 setup. This will be a test tank for a new custom stand/tank business I’m starting. The plan is to create a full CoralVue environment. It’s the one throat to choke plan. Thanks to CoralVue for the great support!

aggieoil11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody connected their WaveEngine to a Profilux? Any color on how to make this connection?

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody connected their WaveEngine to a Profilux? Any color on how to make this connection?

I made an adapter that goes from CAT3 to CAT5 cables. the biggest difference is the separate grounds on the CAT5. I use them for everything that is apex compatible hardest part is figuring out proper settings in the Profilux for them.

B2159111-823B-4922-B116-96092171E261.jpeg

aggieoil11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty crafty. I may pepper you for some more details on that when I get closer to my installation.

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new app is out App is out and I have been testing it for months it is great.

1601656330600.png
Thanks for the heads up. I just opened the app. I used to have the MP40s showing on the previous version of the app. They are not there anymore. Wondering if I need to re-add them. Do you with the wireless Ecotech version?

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the heads up. I just opened the app. I used to have the MP40s showing on the previous version of the app. They are not there anymore. Wondering if I need to re-add them. Do you with the wireless Ecotech version?

I do not use the wireless version. Did you try closing the program and reopening it. I do not think they should have disappeared.

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not use the wireless version. Did you try closing the program and reopening it. I do not think they should have disappeared.
Restarting app gave the same result. I try adding the MP40 pumps back but the menu didn't have them as an option. I also have forgotten how I added them before. I will reach out to Coralvue for answers.

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently I had a really old firmware from March '20. Updated firmware to Version 160 and rebooted and now can see the Ecotech pumps.

Daddy-o, you might want to update your firmware. Per Carlos:

1) Open your HYDROS App
2) Connect to the device
3) On the STATUS screen, tap on the three dots located on the upper-right hand corner
4) Select "Device Properties"
5) Tap on "Load Experimental Version"
6) Type in 160 and tap on Load
7) Let the unit download and upgrade the firmware and allow the unit to restart.
8) Once the unit restarts, then go ahead and restart it one more time MANUALLY by disconnecting the power cable from the WaveEngine
9) Tap OK on the app and reconnect to the device again
10) Go back to Device Properties and confirm the firmware version

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine in the mail today to try and do a better gyre program for my peninsula tank. Really impressive looking unit and ill be looking into getting the Control 4 as well to go with it.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently I had a really old firmware from March '20. Updated firmware to Version 160 and rebooted and now can see the Ecotech pumps.

1) Open your HYDROS App
2) Connect to the device
3) On the STATUS screen, tap on the three dots located on the upper-right hand corner
7) Let the unit download and upgrade the firmware and allow the unit to restart.
8) Once the unit restarts, then go ahead and restart it one more time MANUALLY by disconnecting the power cable from the WaveEngine
I am already running 160

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

1) Open your HYDROS App
2) Connect to the device

Yea it is important to update firmware...

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just got mine in the mail today to try and do a better gyre program for my peninsula tank. Really impressive looking unit and ill be looking into getting the Control 4 as well to go with it.

Control 4 is amazing. So simple to use.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back