R2R Forum Challenge! OLD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jledon4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev!!! i knew you guys had it in you all along, all needed was a little push from us members.... keep it up!

projectx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow! what a great contest and great prizes! thanks to the sponsors for all the donations.
I picked a good time to sign up for a new forum!

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a new week! :) Wonder what the new rules are gonna be....
Lol bet you are glad its over, I'm interested in the new rules as well, may be a bit before I can muster up the strength to go through tthat again.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you should have this week in the bag! Congrats! Hope the next rule isn't person who gets the most stickies because I blew my sticky ideas this week!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for participating everyone. Week 3 has been updated.

We are going to switch up the contest ideas for a few weeks and see how it goes with different things.

Ok this week goes like this! Everybody who hits 2000 points or more will be in a drawing for the week 4 qualifier. That makes it fair for everyone.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We are going to switch up the contest ideas for a few weeks and see how it goes with different things.

Ok this week goes like this! Everybody who hits 2000 points or more will be in a drawing for the week 4 qualifier. That makes it fair for everyone.

Sounds very cool Rev. I like the change up. Maybe i can sneak in now!!! :p

DaveA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:: Ok this week goes like this! Everybody who hits 2000 points or more will be in a drawing for the week 4 qualifier. That makes it fair for everyone.
A drawing is cool, and it gives everyone a chance. Wow, though! 2000 points in one week? That's 200 postings!

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A drawing is cool, and it gives everyone a chance. Wow, though! 2000 points in one week? That's 200 postings!

If I understand the rules correctly it can be done in less than 100. Just depends on how you do it;).

jledon4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rev, don't you think that with this rule people are going to still flood the threads with random posts???

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would apply to posting in the forum regardless of the contest, but PLEASE before you create a new thread.....search the topic to see if there is already another thread on it. It will just be a waste of your time and ours and will not count for any points if you post duplicate information or questions.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No because based on the previous weeks points this is close to what the average people in the contest were getting. The winners each week have been getting 13,000-15,000 points. The whole point of the contest is also to get people active. We just want legit stuff to flood the forums. :) Also people are not in a race against each other. They can go at their own pace and honestly 2000 points is super easy to get. For example if you start a good thread in a new forum that is worth 40 pints for that one thing. 20 for the thread, 10 for the post, and 10 for it being in a particular forum. Invite 4 people to R2R that post 10 times and that's 200 points.

DaveA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand the rules correctly it can be done in less than 100. Just depends on how you do it;).

Yes, but still it took me over two years to get 300 posts. I doubt I'll be able to do even 100 in a week. Good luck everyone! :)

jledon4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No because based on the previous weeks points this is close to what the average people in the contest were getting. The winners each week have been getting 13,000-15,000 points. The whole point of the contest is also to get people active. We just want legit stuff to flood the forums. :) Also people are not in a race against each other. They can go at their own pace and honestly 2000 points is super easy to get. For example if you start a good thread in a new forum that is worth 40 pints for that one thing. 20 for the thread, 10 for the post, and 10 for it being in a particular forum. Invite 4 people to R2R that post 10 times and that's 200 points.

dont get me wrong rev! great idea, now the contestants won't be posting useless posts and threads just for the points. its a lot easier to qualify also. great job

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Like this new idea/way of the contest much better!! i cant be on here 24/7 to get close to 15000 points...... 2000, maybe I can muster that......:bigsmile:

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i pushed for 2000 and felt like i was running in place... i couldnt imagine the 10k range thats crazy.

question: so there will be more than 12 qualifiers now? i am confused

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no all the people who qualify this week will be put into a random drawing and a winner will be picked... kinda like the regular giveaways we have but this one encourages good posting and info...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 94 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 99 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 20 9.4%
Back