R2R Forum Challenge! OLD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngtimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good Idea 13000 to 15000 points thats crazy, one thing I have noticed is there are a lot less one word answers on posts now!

clarky2120

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everybody who hits 2000 points or more will be in a drawing for the week 4 qualifier. That makes it fair for everyone.

Alright! I can finally participate and carry a full time job as well. I won't even have to take any sick days to get to 2000.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the one word posts wouldn't hit the 50 character min, so they wouldn't count anyways. I agree that the new rules give a lot more people a chance though. Thank you to Rev and the other R2R team members for dealing with all of our complaints and providing a solution! :bigsmile:

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if your name can be added once for every 2000 points you get?

jledon4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if your name can be added once for every 2000 points you get?

if it's like this, then the new rule will be worthless... that will make it unfair and people will still be going post crazy like the previous three weeks just to get many entries!!! look at it this way, someone who posts 16k points will have 8 entries, not fair...

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank goodness! It was getting a little crazy for a while there but thankfully Rev took care of the problem. Now I have to be creative and figure some ways to get those points up to two thousand for the next few weeks. Usually I'm pretty reticent so it's going to be a challenge but at least now I have a chance:bigsmile:.

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it's like this, then the new rule will be worthless... that will make it unfair and people will still be going post crazy like the previous three weeks just to get many entries!!! look at it this way, someone who posts 16k points will have 8 entries, not fair...

I think it would actually be a hair better than the original, since it would not be a guaranteed spot, just increases your chances. But the current rules are pretty good.

sorry for the ninja edit.

Last edited:

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not exactly seeing the fair not fair argument, if you put in the work, you get rewarded. I work full time, taking online class and have a 2 year old and I managed 4000 points last week. Probably could have doubled it if I didn't bow out of contention on Friday. So once again, how does fair enter into it? I for one know that Dougers spent his ENTIRE vacation working on his posts, from 9 in the morning until after 12 at night. He deserves to have that spot more than anyone from last week. We are talking about some prizes that are worth 1k-3k. One should put some effort into this.

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not exactly seeing the fair not fair argument, if you put in the work, you get rewarded. I work full time, taking online class and have a 2 year old and I managed 4000 points last week. Probably could have doubled it if I didn't bow out of contention on Friday. So once again, how does fair enter into it? I for one know that Dougers spent his ENTIRE vacation working on his posts, from 9 in the morning until after 12 at night. He deserves to have that spot more than anyone from last week. We are talking about some prizes that are worth 1k-3k. One should put some effort into this.

Agree sorta lol this contest is for everyone but the only ones who will win is people with time lol I work 45 hrs a week my wife works close to 50 we never see each other as it is. Plus I have everyday life things to do and on top of that I have a 5 year old in school a 3 year old and a 2 year old Do the math and tell me how long it took these peeps to get to 14-16k points it would blow your mind like you said someone took there whole vacation time if I did that id have lonely nights and probably be seved with divorce papers lol

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My understanding is you get to qualify for one entry for the week. We wanted everyone to have a chance to get there name thrown in there. Hec I might even have a chance now...:xd:

Last edited:

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be sure if you have some "sticky worthy" threads to submit them to me by next Sunday for them to count for the week.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everyone can earn one entry. Thanks. :)

Kathleen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no way I can win a contest like this, I just can't talk that much.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well we are going to do a week just for Premium Members coming soon! All you have to do to get in the drawing is be a premium member. Not this week but soon! :D

DaveA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:: Ok this week goes like this! Everybody who hits 2000 points or more will be in a drawing for the week 4 qualifier. That makes it fair for everyone.

Rev, I see people posting on here that they had X points last week. How do we see how many points we have for the current week?

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev, I see people posting on here that they had X points last week. How do we see how many points we have for the current week?
I had to do rough estimates by counting my posts, a tedious process but one that let me know dougers had me beat by a mile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back