Radium metal halide bulbs will not be produced anymore!

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been scrolling through the thread . So far available bulbs at this time is .
Reefbright double end bulbs @250 w 20000k
Radium SE 200000k bulbs thx to Aqua bright solutions
A small variety of no brand bulbs on eBay and other places
What else ? Any action from Hamilton or Phoenix, or ushio?

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized I wrote 200,000 K bulbs what would that look like ? An X-ray or a quasar lol hold up your hand and check for arthritis! Or a light so strong you can’t even see it .

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized I wrote 200,000 K bulbs what would that look like ? An X-ray or a quasar lol hold up your hand and check for arthritis! Or a light so strong you can’t even see it .
Super Nova. Nothing brighter than an exploding star, lol.
A light so strong you cant even see it is a black hole.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys what’s the deal with Tulio making a lower heat halide setup? I heard this mentioned a few times in various videos and posts. Curious what the deal is. How it works. If it sacrifices output etc?

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Guys what’s the deal with Tulio making a lower heat halide setup? I heard this mentioned a few times in various videos and posts. Curious what the deal is. How it works. If it sacrifices output etc?
It’s just a second metal shell around the fixture. Nothing special going on, aside from heat dispersion from the fixture.

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an email today from Aqua Bright Solutions saying for Radium bulbs “Only a few cases remaining. Get them before it’s gone!”

It was my understanding that Radium was again making their 250 & 400 watt bulbs and ABS was going to be the US supplier. Is this just a marketing ploy or are they really not getting anymore?

I’m sure other’s received this email as well.

Just wondering.

Attachments

• IMG_3155.png
    IMG_3155.png
    248.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3154.png
    IMG_3154.png
    275.8 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
A. grandis

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't receive any email from them.
I didn't even know their new branded lamps were in stock.

OP
OP
A. grandis

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never saw them on yet. They say he deal is a gap between the shell and the reflector, besides the vents around it. Plus, by what Tullio told me, their electronic ballast was somehow designed to use lss power and give the intensity (PAR) that it was supposed to. In other words, the ballast uses less energy from the wall, but can deliver intensity without heating the lamp so much.

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never saw them on yet. They say he deal is a gap between the shell and the reflector, besides the vents around it. Plus, by what Tullio told me, their electronic ballast was somehow designed to use lss power and give the intensity (PAR) that it was supposed to. In other words, the ballast uses less energy from the wall, but can deliver intensity without heating the lamp so much.
Links to these ballasts?

OP
OP
A. grandis

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Links to these ballasts?
Yeah, I just can't believe it, but I've been asking Tullio for a long time to provide some links to purchase the ballasts, lamps and the fixtures. He told me last time that he was going to add some and get back to me. That was in August 2023. I also asked many times about the new magnetic ballasts, but no links, no price. I'm not sure what to tell people when they ask me. I want to help those companies, and all of us, to have access to halide gear, but it is very weird the way this market stands! There is a huge loss in sales that way. No advertisement, no solid information and possibly no future. Some times I think it is a lost case to try help metal halide companies to get back on their feet!
Now, after Radium gave me some hope they were going to continue producing, some of you guys get an email kinda suggesting the opposite? Very frustrating.

Last edited:

Overboard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aqua bright solution is showing their brand of bulbs in stock.

Great news! I am going to give them a try.

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Great news! I am going to give them a try.
Let me know what you think. Are you going DE or SE?

ErikVR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha good thing these things are becoming extinct. 400w for a single bulb? That's more than my whole 625 liter system uses in total!

Overboard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am going to get 250 and 400 watt in both 14K and 20K and see how they look. I have some left over Hamiltons I can compare them to. Out of town this weekend but will check them out as soon as they come. Very curious to see!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back