OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a light hung over the 125 and started growing some frags.

IMG_0984.jpg

I have lights to light the whole tank once everything grows out enough

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re did the rockscape to try to get more flow on the sandbed with the new powerhead (Maxgyre 150)

IMG_1135.jpg

Left Side of tank

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty much it. Hoping to add some more color from the MTRC Frag swap next weekend.

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great randy! What lights did you go with on the upgrade?

Thank you Britt. I went with Reef Radiance 165e . They use so much less power than the MH/T5 combo. Went from 7.4 to .8 amps running the same par levels. Hopefully the savings will show up on the power bill.

bmoore92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Britt. I went with Reef Radiance 165e . They use so much less power than the MH/T5 combo. Went from 7.4 to .8 amps running the same par levels. Hopefully the savings will show up on the power bill.

Hopefully you'll get the same growth and colors from your corals. What are the plans with the tank with the frags in it? A frag tank perhaps or are you planning two display tanks?

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Britt. The tank with frags in it will be a frag tank. Have no plans to make it a display tank. I really enjoy people coming over, getting frags, and talking tanks.

I actually made some changes to the tank last night. I had a ora ponape birdsnest coral that had bubble algae in it. So on my quest to remove the bubble algae I soaked the coral in a 50/50 mix of peroxide and saltwater for 15 min. I thought it would come back, but gave up on it and removed

Then I removed two small rocks from the center section and replaced it with one large rock. I now have more room for coral that I get at the swap. I plan on getting quite a bit at the swap

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Randy. I hope you like the LED conversion. Sorry to hear about your ponape birdsnest. Maybe I can frag you off a piece of the frag you gave me once it grows out some. See you at the swap this weekend!

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Randy. I hope you like the LED conversion. Sorry to hear about your ponape birdsnest. Maybe I can frag you off a piece of the frag you gave me once it grows out some. See you at the swap this weekend!

Thanks Tyler. I still have 2 frags of it, a smaller one and a larger one. Going to put the larger one in the tank at some point. So not totally out of luck on the ponape birdsnest, just hate that I did such a bonehead move on the mother colony. Live and learn.

See you at the swap, can't wait.

bmoore92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Britt. The tank with frags in it will be a frag tank. Have no plans to make it a display tank. I really enjoy people coming over, getting frags, and talking tanks.

I actually made some changes to the tank last night. I had a ora ponape birdsnest coral that had bubble algae in it. So on my quest to remove the bubble algae I soaked the coral in a 50/50 mix of peroxide and saltwater for 15 min. I thought it would come back, but gave up on it and removed

Then I removed two small rocks from the center section and replaced it with one large rock. I now have more room for coral that I get at the swap. I plan on getting quite a bit at the swap

I've dipped zoas and softies in H202 with great results but I always assumed it would be too harsh on sps. At least you still have a frag of the birds nest left. Be sure to post pics of your swap goodies! I was trying to go but couldn't swing it with work and school.

OP
OP
hawkinsrgk

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do. Looked at 6 or 7 vendors web sites and came up with a wish list. Won't be able to get all of it but have an idea on what I'm looking for

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back