Real Australian Live Rock Back!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ‘scaped it to make the holding tank more hospitable for the Tomini and Melanurus. It’s simple to create stable caves and structures with plenty of negative space.

The rock I received was primarily branching and tabling SPS skeletons. It’s only fragile if you’re truly rough with it. I accidentally tipped some over in the tank and not a single piece broke.

IMG_6104.jpeg
Thank you for sharing the picture and video. It looks great! You really went above and beyond answering and displaying. I appreciate it!
@Eric Cohen
@TheFunnyFarm deserves a discount, totally killing it with the sale. :)

CoastalTownLayabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's true but then why do companies such as Tampa Bay Live Rock not require any curing process?

The more delicate filter feeders or any other organisms that rely on a more complex food web for survival simply won’t make it. It’ll die off in your tank. Maturing tanks in particular just cannot support the full spectrum of life found on live rock. Inspection, removal and curing are not negative interventions.

OP
OP
Eric Cohen

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!! Getting my first 50lbs of this rock tomorrow and I cannot wait!! I will post more about my experience and some photos once I get it.
Very excited for you! Hope you love it!

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased about 85 lbs from Eric. I owe him a great review after the experience and wonderful rock, but I've been too busy scaping.

I'll get pictures and a review of the rock up soon(ish), but I can promise everyone a couple things:

a. Eric is awesome to work with and really goes the extra mile.

b. The rock is SO much lighter than expected. I ended up with about 85 lbs, including a fair amount of rubble (breakage), and my 200 gallon was packed.

c. It's costly, but totally worth it. With Eric's rock and Florida sand, my ammonia reached .04 on day 3, then lowered to .001 by day 5. Beautiful shapes, some coralline coverage, and a few hitchhikering corals. So far, no pests.

If you purchase this rock, specifically from Eric, you will not be disappointed!

Thank you again, @Eric Cohen. I know I owe you a decent review!

OP
OP
Eric Cohen

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New batch!!!! Here we go again!

Attachments

• IMG_3971.jpeg
    IMG_3971.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3972.jpeg
    IMG_3972.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3973.jpeg
    IMG_3973.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3974.jpeg
    IMG_3974.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3975.jpeg
    IMG_3975.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3976.jpeg
    IMG_3976.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3977.jpeg
    IMG_3977.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 128

s2minute

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered, looks amazing. Cant wait
I have what i think is a legitimate question(s) and concerns. You plug in google, uncured LR from Australia and, you get a couple different hits. Both are actually related. The sites state,” uncured live rock right from the Australia to you.” Yet, it also says shipped to our facility….. in Mineola N Y . SO, if it’s fresh live rock from Australia and shipped to me, what is up with that? I’m told they have live rock sitting in styrofoam boxes…. For three weeks . …and via the conversation I became very suspicious and suspected I was being conned . Either way, I wasn’t buying what I was being told. So, the big question is: how do you KNOW you’re actually getting live rock from Australia and not from… somewhere else and be lied to. Let’s face it, why would they care? Especially if they’re in bed with the mob and have to make their payments . Which, a good deal of these places near metropolitan areas are.

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have what i think is a legitimate question(s) and concerns. You plug in google, uncured LR from Australia and, you get a couple different hits. Both are actually related. The sites state,” uncured live rock right from the Australia to you.” Yet, it also says shipped to our facility….. in Mineola N Y . SO, if it’s fresh live rock from Australia and shipped to me, what is up with that? I’m told they have live rock sitting in styrofoam boxes…. For three weeks . …and via the conversation I became very suspicious and suspected I was being conned . Either way, I wasn’t buying what I was being told. So, the big question is: how do you KNOW you’re actually getting live rock from Australia and not from… somewhere else and be lied to. Let’s face it, why would they care? Especially if they’re in bed with the mob and have to make their payments . Which, a good deal of these places near metropolitan areas are.
This place is out of LA, so I'm not sure how NY and the mob would be related to this.

But live rock is typically imported by the case/crate and held at a facility until sold. Individual orders aren't being collected in Australia and then express shipped to a customer, the costs and logistics of that would be impractical.

You can be certain that it is Australian live rock by the rock structure. All of the pictures look like dead acro skeleton, which you aren't going to see in something like Gulf rock.

OP
OP
Eric Cohen

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It’s a fair question and why you buy from a reputable source you can trust. As just mentioned, you can tell by the structure of its real or not, and if you’re really knowledgeable on your rock types, then you can even tell the origin by the shape of the rock.

I sell two types of rock that come from opposite sides of Australia. The decorative style is held in water and cured, the branch not. If you work with me, I always make sure customers know what they’re getting and the differences between the two. Pros and cons to both.

Rock on!

s2minute

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a fair question and why you buy from a reputable source you can trust. As just mentioned, you can tell by the structure of its real or not, and if you’re really knowledgeable on your rock types, then you can even tell the origin by the shape of the rock.

I sell two types of rock that come from opposite sides of Australia. The decorative style is held in water and cured, the branch not. If you work with me, I always make sure customers know what they’re getting and the differences between the two. Pros and cons to both.

Rock on!

s2minute

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m listening . I’m looking towards diversifying the invert life in my system. I would think it be the branch rock you wouldn’t bother to cure.

OP
OP
Eric Cohen

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m listening . I’m looking towards diversifying the invert life in my system. I would think it be the branch rock you wouldn’t bother to cure.
If you want to diversify your aquarium then take the cured decorative. The branch rock while being awesome shape, it will have to be tanked and cured 30 days before adding it to your tank…..and you get no benefit bacteria wise. However the decorative style is soaked in water within hours of landing at lax airport and kept in a huge rock system with tons of biomass that keeps the water quality top notch at all times. You really can’t ask for better handling than how I deal with the decorative style. It’s also super light weight compared to all other rocks. Best bang for your buck all around.

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I recently received my order of Australian live rock from Eric. I honestly can't say I know, without a doubt, the rock comes from Australia (the shipping label on the box in the box certainly said it was), but it looks how I'd picture rock from Australia would look.

What I can say, regardless of the rocks' original location, Eric was wonderful throughout the entire process and maintained communication better than I have experienced from a vendor. The rock I received, which I perceive as Australian live rock (and very likely is), was 100% worth what I paid (to me).

OP
OP
Eric Cohen

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently received my order of Australian live rock from Eric. I honestly can't say I know, without a doubt, the rock comes from Australia (the shipping label on the box in the box certainly said it was), but it looks how I'd picture rock from Australia would look.

What I can say, regardless of the rocks' original location, Eric was wonderful throughout the entire process and maintained communication better than I have experienced from a vendor. The rock I received, which I perceive as Australian live rock (and very likely is), was 100% worth what I paid (to me).
I’m super stoked to hear that! It means a lot!

OP
OP
Eric Cohen

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ANOTHER AWESOME ROCK SHIPMENT TODAY!!!

Wow. There’s no doubt that I love live rock! So many shapes and colors and creatures…..it’s so fun to see what comes up from the mysterious ocean. Here are some pics from today’s shipment. This rock is pure gold! Get your orders in asap!

No filter pics. Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_4479.jpeg
    IMG_4479.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4481.jpeg
    IMG_4481.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4480.jpeg
    IMG_4480.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4482.jpeg
    IMG_4482.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4483.jpeg
    IMG_4483.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4486.jpeg
    IMG_4486.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4487.jpeg
    IMG_4487.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4489.jpeg
    IMG_4489.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4493.jpeg
    IMG_4493.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4494.jpeg
    IMG_4494.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4495.jpeg
    IMG_4495.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4476.jpeg
    IMG_4476.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4478.jpeg
    IMG_4478.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4462.jpeg
    IMG_4462.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4466.jpeg
    IMG_4466.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4464.jpeg
    IMG_4464.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4463.jpeg
    IMG_4463.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4467.jpeg
    IMG_4467.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4469.jpeg
    IMG_4469.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4470.jpeg
    IMG_4470.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4471.jpeg
    IMG_4471.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4472.jpeg
    IMG_4472.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4474.jpeg
    IMG_4474.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4475.jpeg
    IMG_4475.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4496.jpeg
    IMG_4496.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 29

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back