Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK thanks. Does he primarily communicate through the internet or is there a way to reach him on the phone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
HI ROBLOX, WHAT IS STRANGE IS I AM PROBABLY THE EASIEST GUY IN THE BUSINESS TO REACH. I TALK TO CUSTOMERS EVERYDAY BY PHONE AND EMAIL AND MANY OF OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE MY CELL PHONE AND CALL ME WHENEVER THEY HAVE A QUESTION - WHICH IS WHY I GIVE IT OUT. THAT IS WHY YOUR CHALLENGES ARE SO INTERESTING. I AM AT MY DESK RIGHT NOW - 7PM CENTRAL AND IF YOU EMAIL ME I WILL EMAIL OR IF YOU GIVE ME YOUR NUMBER I WILL CALL YOU BACK. EMAIL ME AT [email protected] AND I WILL BE RIGHT ON IT. RICK

roblox84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi roblox84,

i have no emails from you - under this name - and no emails that we have not answered as of 6pm central today - thursday. What email address are you emailing to? If you email to rick@reefradiance i will get it and respond. And we have no phone messages from anyone that have not been returned. The phone does go to voicemail sometimes right away - but we still get the messages and call everyone back before the end of the day. That is very strange.

What address did you email to? Did you leave a voice-message on our phone number when you called? What is your email address?

Thanks,

rick

Hi Rick. To email you I just used your websites contact form. Maybe it just didn't go through. I did leave you a voice mail with my number also. I will contact you at the email you provided that way I don't have to post my email here. Thanks for replying.

roblox84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a hold of Rick, I think I just had some minor problems with my email but everything is all good now. I'm just excited to get my lights and he said they'll be here next week so the shipping time if pretty darn good :)

Last edited:

atomz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys have any updates with the 155e with pics of your coral growth ? I ordered 3 for my 210 waiting for them to come in cant wait just wanted to see if anybody has any updates thanks and how high woukd you suggest over a 210?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys have any updates with the 155e with pics of your coral growth ? I ordered 3 for my 210 waiting for them to come in cant wait just wanted to see if anybody has any updates thanks and how high woukd you suggest over a 210?

I probably can look at older pictures and see but had mine a month and I can tell ya Ive have had good results so far,Nothing has died..lol and all my polyps come out like normal so ..So far so good.. Ill look later to see any b4 and after but only a month not expecting much growth

atomz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably can look at older pictures and see but had mine a month and I can tell ya Ive have had good results so far,Nothing has died..lol and all my polyps come out like normal so ..So far so good.. Ill look later to see any b4 and after but only a month not expecting much growth
Thanks you dont need to dig through pics lol just wanted to see if your still happy with thwm im sure their awsome cant wait for mine to get here !!

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you dont need to dig through pics lol just wanted to see if your still happy with thwm im sure their awsome cant wait for mine to get here !!

I am so far..I know how you feel waiting for something,Im waiting for a ****load of corals to come in the morning from Live sales this weekend..Cant sleep lol

Sidepipes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered

Just ordered some 155e. Rick is the man! He helped me choose the right lights for my tank. Can't wait! Thanks Rick!

roblox84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do the red leds in this light look over the tank? I noticed there was 4 so I'm wondering if it's too much or does it look pretty nice?

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do the red leds in this light look over the tank? I noticed there was 4 so I'm wondering if it's too much or does it look pretty nice?
They come on same time as whites,so really cant tell,I guess there in there to give different spectrum of light

roblox84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They come on same time as whites,so really cant tell,I guess there in there to give different spectrum of light

Ok cool. Some people complain about too many reds and from the pictures I've seen it looks pretty nice with some reds. I've only got blue, white and uv right now and it needs color because it's so bland.

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok cool. Some people complain about too many reds and from the pictures i've seen it looks pretty nice with some reds. I've only got blue, white and uv right now and it needs color because it's so bland.
hi roblox84 - all of our lights are 5th generation and i think we have mastered the process of maximizing coral growth and making tanks look pleasing to the hobbyist. This is not the easiest thing to do - but we seem to have it down. That said, everyone likes things slightly different and if the stock program does not seem perfect to your eye - then we can customize any light for any customer so it is perfect for them. Rick

DO NOT PM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI SOCAL,

95 percent of lights sold in the US are what you call " re-rebranded chinese leds ". Unless you create all the components of a light specific to your light only - you are " rebranding " a light that a factory makes for general production. Very similar to when Ford has Mazda build them a truck and puts Ford on it. That is the nature of the business. Where a company distinguishes themselves - as we like to believe we have - is in choosing factories that have been in business a long time and build a great product at a great price. Which is exactly what we do. We vet our factories very carefully and ensure that all samples we receive meet our stringent requirements - with multiple sample runs. When we are finally sure that the light is of high enough quality to wear the Reef Radiance or LUMENTEK brand - then we order them and sell then under that name. And if a light has a problem - then it is shipped here and repaired or replaced here at our facility in the US.

To the second part of your comment - that someone could go on line and buy directly from China, you are correct. However, you are mistaken in your assumption that they would get a better price as our volume allows us to sell our lights at great prices - in fact that is what we are known for - is a great light at a great product. And if you have a problem with your light - and you bought it directly as a consumer from China - what do you do? I hear stories every day of people who have a light and it will cost more to ship China than the light is worth.

To sum it up - we are certainly selling - like every other dealer or distributors in the US ( with few exceptions ) " Chinese rebranded lights " and are proud to do so..

Rick

Rick if I might add to clarify to this statement, while I agree with your statements regarding Chinese fixtures, many LEDs that aren't Chinese don't fall into your 95% category. AquaIllumination, Kessil, and Ecotech for example are not made in China and clearly make up more than 5% of the marketplace.

Last edited:

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick if I might add to clarify to this statement, while I agree with your statements regarding Chinese fixtures, many LEDs that aren't Chinese don't fall into your 95% category. AquaIllumination, Kessil, and Ecotech for example are not made in China and clearly make up more than 5% of the marketplace.

I think you missed my point. It does not matter where your product is made - in the US or China or any other country. It is not where it is made - it is who makes it. You can find products that are of the lowest quality manufactured in the US and the very best of the best products ( Apple - HP - Samsung ) made in China. The exact percentage of countries manufacturing lights sold here is not what I was Illuminating - it was that you need to focus on who -specifically - builds your light ( or other product ) not where. I am not sure the 3 manufacturers you mention constitute a very significant percentage of light sold in the US by volume - BUT I would imagine they constitute a larger percentage of the dollar volume spent on LEDs sold in the US - as the prices for these models are much higher than the vast majority of lights that are purchased.

I hope this clears this up.

Rick

roblox84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rick, do you know what day the orders are coming in from China? I'm excited to get my lights.

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rick, do you know what day the orders are coming in from China? I'm excited to get my lights.
Hi Roblox84, what name did you buy it under on Paypal? You can PM me or email me directly at [email protected] if you want - as I need this information to check on the status of your order.

Rick

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back