Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

The Flying Turkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone noticed their clock on their Lumentek possibly being a little slow?

I just noticed my Lumentek 120 is starting to get a little fast. My lights came on 12 minutes early today. I'm not thrilled about that, a working clock is pretty basic. Other than that my lights are fine. I don't have any corals yet, but I will be picking up some frags from a guy locally in the next day or two. And I'm still waiting on the free refugium light too...

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed my Lumentek 120 is starting to get a little fast. My lights came on 12 minutes early today. I'm not thrilled about that, a working clock is pretty basic. Other than that my lights are fine. I don't have any corals yet, but I will be picking up some frags from a guy locally in the next day or two. And I'm still waiting on the free refugium light too...

Funny after the late posts I looked last nite and mine was fast. About 20 min. I only have 1 of 2 set up so I will probably leave it for now, but when I set it up I used the time from my phone and it's not close now.

EllisJuan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny after the late posts I looked last nite and mine was fast. About 20 min. I only have 1 of 2 set up so I will probably leave it for now, but when I set it up I used the time from my phone and it's not close now.

Bizarre. Is yours a 120?

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

The factory is aware that this happens on occasion and are working on an upgrade to the controller to prevent this. We will announce when this upgrade is ready - and will post it here - so keep an eye out for this.

Rick

garrickrevels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

The factory is aware that this happens on occasion and are working on an upgrade to the controller to prevent this. We will announce when this upgrade is ready - and will post it here - so keep an eye out for this.

Rick

That's great how would we upgrade the controller?

kaoscoder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious as well. If it's a firmware update, how do you flash it? Is there a USB port inside the fixture?

EllisJuan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking really close at some of my SPS pieces tonight and I really like what I am seeing. Excellent polyp extension and I am seeing longer stronger growth tips then I ever did with my halides. I do think I scorched some of the color out of some of my Acans though...probably going to move those guys a little into the shade. I have my lights up to 55 blue and 38 white/colors now.

EllisJuan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the controller upgrade, tell them to slip in geographically accurate sun and lunar cycles, cloud and storm simulation, and coral acclimation mode as well...lol

garrickrevels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397613300.244159.jpg

3weeks and it's starting to grow over the epoxy. I'm happy with the light and it 50% blue and 35% white

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am up to 65% blue and 50% white . I am loving the color and brightness level, but my corals haven't shown much change. One of my condys has lost all white and purple tips. I don't know if that is from the light or from something else in the water column. My acros are showing good PE, but the colors are browning out a little. Any advice on whether I should turn the light down or up?

icsparks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELP>>>>While on the custom profile I powered down both of my 240's with the power button on the remote and in about 30 min they turned back on. I then turned them off again and they came back on a secound time. I then changed the setting to moon light then turned them off again. This time they stayed off. I could understand if one light was faulty but both lights did the same thing. This only happened on the custom profile which I have set up to change every 30 min. Is there some kind of timer that turns the lights back on even if you turned them off?

Last edited:

EllisJuan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELP>>>>While on the custom profile I powered down both of my 240's with the power button on the remote and in about 30 min they turned back on. I then turned them off again and they came back on a secound time. I then changed the setting to moon light then turned them off again. This time they stayed off. I could understand if one light was faulty but both lights did the same thing. This only happened on the custom profile which I have set up to change every 30 min. Is there some kind of timer that turns the lights back on even if you turned them off?

Woah...I had not noticed that, but I just did the same thing and mine does it too. I turned off my light with the power button and at 2:00, which was the next step in my 10min programming it turned back on.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back