Reef Raft USA Live Sale Here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

thermoJoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to buy that pack after the pack i bought, but you snagged it before I got to it. I think the pack I bought and this one had some of the "hidden" corals they mentioned on the flyer. The one in the top right looks like the RR ultra carolinia, which I already have and is super nice and a highly collectible piece that I paid top dollar for...it might not be though. The one on the bottom right looks a lot like some true to life pics I've seen of the sabertooth and wolverine, it might not be but is very similar. Were the corals in the pack labelled?

Good score anyway.

lol, thanks for the info! I wasn't planning on buying anything and was more or less lurking until I saw that pack and had to buy it. As they say, it's like being addicted to drugs,...except more expensive. Unfortunately, nothing was labeled, so I'll have to see if I can get RR to pass along the ID info.

TylerHaworth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing some nice pictures coming in! Makes me miserably anxious that I have to wait until July 2 to take delivery!

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is now on FIRE, even with the lights out!

1003886_670977036249928_1761952564_n.jpg

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything showed fine this morning-great packaging, the water was still warm even. Everything was floated and dropped in and in a day or so I'll post some pics but 8 hours later and all the polyps are out!
I wish I would have tested Tony's water but I was in a hurry to get to work. I always test the water of every shipment/trade I do mainly SG, NO3, and KH-since I’m a stick person so that’s all that matters to me. I want to know what the water is like that the frag is coming from, its nice knowing if the frag is going to be overly stressed- That's my opinion anyhow –

Overall I'm very happy with the purchase-Best part was the Red Bull of course :angel:

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything showed fine this morning-great packaging, the water was still warm even. Everything was floated and dropped in and in a day or so I'll post some pics but 8 hours later and all the polyps are out!
I wish I would have tested Tony's water but I was in a hurry to get to work. I always test the water of every shipment/trade I do mainly SG, NO3, and KH-since I’m a stick person so that’s all that matters to me. I want to know what the water is like that the frag is coming from, its nice knowing if the frag is going to be overly stressed- That's my opinion anyhow –

Overall I'm very happy with the purchase-Best part was the Red Bull of course :angel:
Haha! I thought I was the only one who did that. I do that with people's water I'm curious about.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I always test the shipping water for alk, sg, and ph. Gives me an idea of the person who sent me the corals practices and how much of a change my tank will be for the coral.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always test the shipping water for alk, sg, and ph. Gives me an idea of the person who sent me the corals practices and how much of a change my tank will be for the coral.

I don't think my PH gets above 7.9, in the summer I may hit 8.1 but thats only becuase of the fresh air from the windows and doors open but 7.65 at night to 7.9 during the day is norm for me.
LOL

CornNut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine in and everything looked great. I've always been a firm believer in little acclimation. I didn't even float these bad boys. I figure if I can't take a quick jump in parameters, it ain't worth having

Last edited by a moderator:

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow just received my shipment and everything came in perfect shape! :) The random acro is sweet! I just need to id it haha. All 14 frags are in the drink just waiting for lights to come on for pics :D Thanks to Tony and the RR staff for great customer service and livestock.

JFord2014

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what RR policy was on DOA's? I haven't received my order yet and I've ordered from them before with only great results, this question is out of curiosity (as of now).

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was wondering what RR policy was on DOA's? I haven't received my order yet and I've ordered from them before with only great results, this question is out of curiosity (as of now).

There was another guy here a few posts back who had a DOA issue, and he was told they just needed pics. I imagine they use the standard "pics within 2 hours" rule.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested the shipping water and it was close to my parameters

Alk 8.1 mine is 8.1
Salinity 34 ppt, mine 35 ppt
Trates ~ 0, mine ~ 10 ppm (started dosing vodka to get them down, crept up on me from nowhere, I think it is from my GSP dieing off from new bulbs)

I got my order today. Unfortunately, the two corals from my sps pack that I was most looking forward to were starting to RTN out the shipping box ( one went straight to trash an the other is in my tank but is about 70% RTN before even taking out shipping bag) I'm guessing these two were to close to the icepack. The other two green ones are doing great. My kamehameha (spelling) looks a little rough, I give it a 50/50 chance.

My Tony mystery sps pack however is quite nice. All four corals that came in it are exeptional. My Signature piece is the sherbert swirl, and I must say it is much nicer in person than the stock photo. It reminds me of the CC corals heaven and hell stock pick, mixed with the ASD rainbow milli. It's very nice. The pack also came with a purplish red milli that looks to have a blue base...very nice. It also came with some unknown deep water (maybe a granny but it is hard to tell now), this thing looks to have potential, mint green polyps, blue tips, and olive green base...I'm lookin forward to the coloring up of this one. The last coral in the tonys mystery sps pack appears to be the same species as ORA plum crazy but differen coloring. Maybe it will be green and red but it needs to color up better before I can be sure, the polyps have a reddish tint which is nice.

Last edited:

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my shipment today. All corals came out of the bag looking pretty good. A couple of SPS pieces have a little spot of skeleton showing, maybe a rub spot. Nothing that worries me too much.
These are the pieces I didn't take pictures of: I got two zoas, King Midas is already opened in the other tank but Sunny D's look a little rough. Blue Lightning Shroom is looking awesome, watermelon convict chalice a little toothy but seems happy enough for now, and a three blasto heads that are starting to puff ever so slightly. They came in completely sunk into their skeleton but good color and I figure they will adjust and puff up. All in all I am very pleased with the size and health of the frags. Colors need a lot of work on the SPS, hehehehe. Time will tell if I can get the stellar colors we see in the colony pictures.

I took pictures within 20 minutes of the SPS hitting the frag rack which was after my dipping protocol. I didn't take pictures of everything though.. Here are some, excuse my lame pictures I need a new camera and some more lessons on camera settings 'cuz my pics are terrible :(.

RR Sig Wonderland
RR Sig Wonderland Acro6-20-13 sm.jpg

RR Sig Purple Derp
RR Sig Purple Derp 6-20-13 sm.jpg

RR Sig Pink Floyd (A previous buy)
RR Sig Pink Floyd 6-20-13 sm.jpg

RR Sig Avengers Revenge (lft foreground) and The Vinh (rt foreground)
RR Sig Avengers Revenge and RR Sig The Vinh 6-20-13 sm.jpg

Pink Tart with a few pieces from the mystery pack in the background
RR Pink Tart 6-20-13 sm.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back