Reefi-Labs Uno 2.0 pro

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put 4 on my 180 but used the 90 reflectors and will be an acro dominant tank.
My 180 is a marineland and has the black cross bracing. Daniel recommended 3 which is what I had thought would fit. I'm going mix but will probably be lps dom. He also recommended depending on mounting (canopy) 120° but if it's 12+ 90°. I'm thinking about cutting holes in the canopy and mounting the light on topkind of recessed into the top from the outside. Canopy is in "storage" currently so need to get it out. I think it's 10-11" from water to top inside.

XavierZ06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to see Daniel and the Reefi lights getting some love. The Uno 2.0 pro's are by FAR the best lights I've owned, and after going through all of the major brands, that's a lot of lights. Can't beat the product, the warranty, or the responsiveness directly from the owner!

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to see Daniel and the Reefi lights getting some love. The Uno 2.0 pro's are by FAR the best lights I've owned, and after going through all of the major brands, that's a lot of lights. Can't beat the product, the warranty, or the responsiveness directly from the owner!
Yup so far best response time I've had with a manufacturer or rep since I've been back in this hobby. Took maybe an hour to reply to my email and he answered all my questions in the first email. I had questions for another light manufacturer it took a couple days for the rep to reply. The only other positive response time and quality was @ReefEco who I need to get back with on my build changes...(lol sorry).

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 180 is a marineland and has the black cross bracing. Daniel recommended 3 which is what I had thought would fit. I'm going mix but will probably be lps dom. He also recommended depending on mounting (canopy) 120° but if it's 12+ 90°. I'm thinking about cutting holes in the canopy and mounting the light on topkind of recessed into the top from the outside. Canopy is in "storage" currently so need to get it out. I think it's 10-11" from water to top inside.
That’s a great plan!

RhinoNM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautifull tank, nice pics:)

Im also in the market for these,great spectrum but the PAR results seems to be so-so.... can anybody confirm this?
I don't think there is a more powerful light made in the same form factor. It will even smoke a 2 bank led like the radio pro. The heatsink that is used in the Reefi speaks volumes..

Hollywood_XL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im one step away from ordering these. Just two questions..

- Can these light function without connecting to the internet? If not, what happens when the servers crashes or are closed? ( i know n00b question)
- Are two uno 2.0 Pro sufficient for a Full blownout SPS rsr 250?

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

- Can these light function without connecting to the internet? If not, what happens when the servers crashes or are closed? ( i know n00b question)
Mine function when my internet was down, they do put off their own ip address that you connect to. I suspect with the 120 lenses they could easily support that tank size, possibly with the 90. I guess when your acros get very large there is always a possibility you need 1 more to reduce shadowing.

RhinoNM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, no internet required but a wifi is. Once the lights are programed they stay in that config even if the wifi goes down. Wifi is just needed to program.

I would say yes, 2 are sufficient, 4 would be ideal. I would use the 90 deg reeflctors and mount the lights higher, say 12" plus over the water line. It has enough power and more height increase spread. The 120 lose too much light out of the sides imo. I also like having the lights mounted high so you can look top down into your tank without obstruction. I used 8020 to mount...easy peasy.

See crappy pic, I have 6 over a 48"*31" mounted 10" off the waterline and 27" off the sandbed. I run them max @ 50%. Pic looks purple but it's only royal blues on. I have used the duos, uno1 and now uno2. Best deal and light available imo. Daniel @ Reefi is hands down the best to work with.

Attachments

• 16877094698764766832450363147651.jpg
    16877094698764766832450363147651.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 89

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back