Reefi-Labs Uno 2.0 pro

Hollywood_XL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, no internet required but a wifi is. Once the lights are programed they stay in that config even if the wifi goes down. Wifi is just needed to program.

I would say yes, 2 are sufficient, 4 would be ideal. I would use the 90 deg reeflctors and mount the lights higher, say 12" plus over the water line. It has enough power and more height increase spread. The 120 lose too much light out of the sides imo. I also like having the lights mounted high so you can look top down into your tank without obstruction. I used 8020 to mount...easy peasy.

See crappy pic, I have 6 over a 48"*31" mounted 10" off the waterline and 27" off the sandbed. I run them max @ 50%. Pic looks purple but it's only royal blues on. I have used the duos, uno1 and now uno2. Best deal and light available imo. Daniel @ Reefi is hands down the best to work with.
Thx:) im thinking of mounting the lights on the redsea mounting arms ( max. 11"i guess) reason i like these lights are the minimum light spill... you think this wil work out with the 90 deg lenses?

RhinoNM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. One of the major benefits of these lights are the reeflctors. Simple concept and it keeps glare and spill from coming out of the lights. My office desk is right next to my tank...so any annoying spill or glare would be a deal killer. Can't believe the other light manufacturers haven't copied this.

Tex11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured I'd chime in here as well. I swapped my Kessil A500X for the Uno 2.0. I cannot understand how these are not more popular. They put out some ridiculous PAR, 0 disco ball, no cloud connectivity services, a waterproof power supply and the reflectors are such a massive bonus. That Kessil while trying to watch a movie or something, was just brutal on the eyes. The reflectors completely stop that angled glare spillover.

The mount is very simple, it can also be hung. The unit is very quiet, specifically considering the power output. Plus, Daniel is a nice guy who stands behind his product.

I'm going on 7 months of ownership, which is hardly a fair review for reliability or longevity. However, it is a solid light with serious capabilities.

SpursFan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We picked up a Uno 2.0 about a month ago currently running on IM35 and love it. The webserver is solid and intuitive and I know Daniel is always working to improve the firmware. With 9 independent channels it's pretty easy to get lost in spectrum if you don't know what your doing but it's also super easy to load others configs if you choose. Zero disco ball, well blended, great shimmer for non point source LEDs, we'll made with a killed power supply and hands down best warranty out there. We will be picking up 2-3 more for our upcoming 215 build.

wdubose05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered my Uno 2.0. I had a shipping label created within 30 minutes of placing my order...insane!

Going to be placing it between two Kessil 160s over my 50g Oceanvue.

NOTE! The images attached are BEFORE i place the Uno on the tank, the current middle light is a black box 30watt.

IMG_3568.jpg IMG_3541.jpg

Hollywood_XL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed and ready to go… spend 3 hours connecting them to WIFI… that was A pain…

First impression:
Pro:
- no sideglare ! (Owned a xr15 g5 before, compared to it the uno 2.0 is gold standard)
- absolutely NO sound… awesome

Con (sort of)
- that interface… yet it works in the end
- this is blue… i thought i could turn it more white but this is not possible i guess…

IMG_4070.jpeg

Tex11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed and ready to go… spend 3 hours connecting them to WIFI… that was A pain…

First impression:
Pro:
- no sideglare ! (Owned a xr15 g5 before, compared to it the uno 2.0 is gold standard)
- absolutely NO sound… awesome

Con (sort of)
- that interface… yet it works in the end
- this is blue… i thought i could turn it more white but this is not possible i guess…

IMG_4070.jpeg
Use the Lime channel for more white. It will make a huge difference even in small increments.

centex99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nuvo INT 50 coming... would one of these do well with 90 deflectors or would I need two?
Length 29.92” Width: 23.62” Height: 16.14”

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the noise on these? Seems like it’s got lot of power and a big heatsink and fan. Noise is definitely a priority for me

XavierZ06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
X
On a 30” would you recommend 2 or so you think the one would provide enough coverage?
Can always add a second, depends on the rock layout, size of corals etc. I have a 60" x24" footprint and at 11" off water line I think 3 with 120° reflectors are perfect. Wouldn't spread more than that on my tank.

Going up higher, potentially using 160°, should adequately put par for SPS in all areas.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had a little over a month with the lights now that I got some initial issues dealt with. I’d heartily recommend these lights for anyone. I’m using one over a 22 gallon nano with Acros, a couple Stylos , some lps and a few shrooms. I think the lights are definitely part of the reason I’m looking at live Acros instead of dead ones. Very customizable web app. Two thumbs up.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back