Reefi-Labs Uno 2.0 pro

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed and ready to go… spend 3 hours connecting them to WIFI… that was A pain…

First impression:
Pro:
- no sideglare ! (Owned a xr15 g5 before, compared to it the uno 2.0 is gold standard)
- absolutely NO sound… awesome

Con (sort of)
- that interface… yet it works in the end
- this is blue… i thought i could turn it more white but this is not possible i guess…

IMG_4070.jpeg
You found a way to make them more white?

saltcreep74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of picking up these for my 36x24 SPS tank. Do you guys think 1 of these Uno Pro's would suffice on a SPS tank or would I need 2 of these? They will pair up on my Hybrid hood along with 4 T5's Blue+ bulbs.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2 units even with 4xT5's?

It is not about how much light it is about coverage. With one light in the middle as you move more to the outside of the tank you will only be lighting one side of the coral (the side the led is on). Not a huge deal with frags but as they grow you will end up with shading on the other side. You will end up with more growth on one side and more color on one side.
The other side will be getting little light.. Leds are not the sun unless you move them they are stationary. some people do move them.

The Reefi is a pretty small fixture.

saltcreep74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not about how much light it is about coverage. With one light in the middle as you move more to the outside of the tank you will only be lighting one side of the coral (the side the led is on). Not a huge deal with frags but as they grow you will end up with shading on the other side. You will end up with more growth on one side and more color on one side.
The other side will be getting little light.. Leds are not the sun unless you move them they are stationary. some people do move them.

The Reefi is a pretty small fixture.
Great point, but I was hoping to avoid the "shading effect" with the T5's.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great point, but I was hoping to avoid the "shading effect" with the T5's.

That is different. That is like saying I have a 8' tank and one led with (4) t-5s. No it is not going to work. This fixture is good for about 2'x'2. Heck (4) T-5 might be enough for softies without leds but not for full on sps tank once they get bigger. Now if you are talking a reef breeders fixture where you buy a single fixture for the length tank you have then one is fine.

Sold4jc7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
I'm thinking of picking up these for my 36x24 SPS tank. Do you guys think 1 of these Uno Pro's would suffice on a SPS tank or would I need 2 of these? They will pair up on my Hybrid hood along with 4 T5's Blue+ bulbs.

I'm running 3 Uno 2 Pros on a 36x24 SPS dominate tank. I'm using the 120-degree reflector and two Quanta meso blue bars. The coverage is like T5's, and the par is insane. I'm only running 62 watts at peak and getting 375 par. I went with three lights and the 120-degree reflectors to eliminate shadowing. I was running 3 gen 4 XR 15 before, and the difference with the Uno 2 Pros is night and day. I can grow SPS anywhere in the tank now.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I suspect that the quanta bars are pulling a lot of the weight in the above two cases. Edit: LED bar will eliminate shadows. Reefi might still be supplying most of the PAR.

I had 2 popular grow LED bars with Radion XR15, which gave me t5 like coverage and 350 PAR throughout the tank.

On a different note, how white can the light get? I don’t like blue lights, but like the price of reefi.

Last edited:

Sold4jc7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
I suspect that the quanta bars are pulling a lot of the weight in the above two cases.

I had 2 popular grow LED bars with Radion XR15, which gave me t5 like coverage and 350 PAR throughout the tank.

On a different note, how white can the light get? I don’t like blue lights, but like the price of reefi.
The Quanta bars I'm using are the budget blues. The par isn't much (50-60 par). The reefi is pulling the weight.

Last edited:

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Quanta bars I'm using are the budget blues. The par isn't much (50-60 par). The reefi is pulling the wait.
I should have made it more clear. My comment was about eliminating shadows. A full length LED bar will help eliminate shadows better than a 120 degree lens on a small form factor light.

Sold4jc7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
I should have made it more clear. My comment was about eliminating shadows. A full length LED bar will help eliminate shadows better than a 120 degree lens on a small form factor light.
That is very true. The bars help with shadowing. Its nice having a some solid light bar options in the hobby.

I did have the bars on the tank with the xr 15 and had shadowing issues that are now solved with reefi. Overall I'm impressed by the Uno 2 Pros. They are incredible lights and I do think interface will continue to be improved.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back